Sr. Manager, Saas Business Development Representative-Capital One Software (Remote Eligible)
Who we are
Capital One Software is a Line of Business that supports Capital One's imperative to make our software available to others.
Recently, Capital One has taken a bold journey to build a technology company, while operating in a complex, highly regulated business. As a pioneer in our tech journey and the first large bank to go all in on the public cloud, there were capabilities we had to build to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale that didn't already exist in the marketplace.
Therefore, we developed a suite of internal solutions uniquely designed to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale. Today, the Capital One Software team is exploring how these internal solutions across cloud, data, governance, and applications could serve the needs of other companies born or built in the cloud.
Who we are searching for
Capital One Software is looking for a tenacious and talented Software Sales Professional to join our newly established Business Development Team. In this SaaS startup-type (B2B) environment, you will effectively seek and manage new business opportunities.
You will also be leaned on to provide consulting and guidance to our collective Capital One Software Teams and participate in important projects that dramatically enhance the customer experience. Due to the entrepreneurial spirit required to thrive in this role, you will be intelligent about market trends and leverage sales techniques that enable us to be a best-in-class business development shop.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Influence senior leaders on storytelling approach and value proposition/marketing recommendations.
- Leverage customer insights, competitor insights, analytics and creative thinking to help your team develop compelling deck materials to support meetings and pitches with prospective partners.
- Identify any potential impediments to the business development process and autonomously solve or escalate to senior leaders if necessary.
- Utilize various forms for communication including, but not limited to email, phone, direct mail, and Linkedin channels to prospect/set presentations with potential clients.
- Create testing, evaluation and performance feedback processes
- Provide ongoing consumer research expertise and consultation to internal partners and senior leaders in support of marketing strategy decisions.
- Lead research design, execution and delivery of insights utilizing a variety of brand measurement sources, including brand health and communications trackers, creative pre-testing, in-market advertising and media effectiveness studies, and ad-hoc custom qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Partnership: Evaluate industry trends, technological shifts and market dynamics to identify and engage the right partners to advance the development of Capital One Software projects, programs and products that positively impact the customer experience.
- Business Growth: Develop thorough understanding of partner's business dynamics and identify opportunities to strengthen the strategic relationship with customers to mutually grow our respective businesses, deliver improved customer experience, and position Capital One Software as the partner of choice for future opportunities.
- Collaboration: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One Software including: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Customer Success and others to identify opportunities to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One Software in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior.
- Proactively engaging in outbound activity leveraging best of breed software and tactics to effectively target ideal customers
- Track and manage sales activities in CRM system
- Communicating customer needs with software developers, managers and executives
- Submitting orders for sales processing
- Negotiating service agreements and product prices with customers
- Discussing software needs with customers to determine the best-matched products
- Advising customers on technical matters regarding their software options
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in business development or marketing strategy
- At least 4 years of experience in business development or marketing strategy
- At least 2 years of experience in AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake or Databricks experience
- Ability to influence, take initiative, and drive results in a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years of Enterprise SaaS experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).