The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
- Continue to build and optimize a company-wide channel process in collaboration with the sales team and broader GitLab organization
- Develop methods, processes, systems and tools to appropriately support our channel efforts within our segmentation models: enterprise, mid-market and SMB
- Drive cross-functional programs and initiatives to support scaling of the business and integrate the channel processes with teams throughout GitLab (e.g., sales, marketing, product)
- Manage all channel incentive programs and ensure adherence to policies
- Assist in the development and rollout of channel enablement practices to improve our reseller’s effectiveness and efficiency and provide increased channel insights through data, automation, and product analytics
- Create and coordinate key reporting for GitLab leadership team, partnering with the analytics team to provide reporting on leading indicators and business results (i.e., forecasts, renew, expand, churn)
- Act as liaison to channel enablement to drive training and enablement priorities, content and methods
- Drive alignment with Sales Operations on QTC vision and operationally efficiencies to support business growth
- Understanding on channel compensation models and ability to assist with inquiries and design
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated progressive relevant experience and a solid understanding of channel programs and operations
- Experience working directly with partners on operations and enablement
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Managed and/or implemented partner and channels pacific tools (ex: PRM)
- Deep SFDC expertise and knowledge of enterprise SaaS and/or licensing tools
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.