Sales Strategy and Operations Associate (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a high impact contributor, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum. As an Associate on the team, you will lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to analytics to recommendations to drive impact across the sales organization.
- Strategy & planning: pulling ongoing and ad hoc reporting for weekly / quarterly business reviews, and providing insights to inform business decisions.
- Systems and operations: identifying and implementing improvements in current workflows and processes that can help improve efficiency and visibility - this might be in Salesforce.com or other tools.
- Sales Enablement: building programming and content to help new hires get up to speed as quickly as possible, as well as tracking the right effectiveness metrics to see what makes someone a top (or bottom) performer and how we scale those learnings.
- Since we're still in scrappy startup mode, there's a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today's problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in Salesforce and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis, while also talking frequently with our stakeholders in sales, marketing, ops, product, finance, and more to help troubleshoot systems issues, review insights from our analyses, and build future-state processes and systems.
- High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance. You’re excited by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and generating buy-in among senior leadership.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Tableau / Looker experience a plus.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences. Previous Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, banking, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup. Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.
- Previous Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a plus.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description