Shift: 10:00am - 12:00pm, open to working Weekends and key Holidays.
CRAFT MEETS COMFORT. At Resident, we believe your living space shouldn’t just look good, it should feel good. That’s why we’ve created a house of brands that focuses on quality materials, timeless style, and most importantly, comfort. Our current brands include the award-winning Nectar, DreamCloud, Awara, and Siena products and we continue to invest in new categories to broaden our offering and address our customer's needs.
Since our inception in 2017, Resident has become one of the fastest-growing, scaled, and profitable omnichannel retailers in North America. We are a disruptor in the broader home furnishings category underpinned by deep and proven expertise in data science & analytics, performance marketing, and e-commerce technology. As our business continues to grow, we are focused on building world-class retail, finance, operations, logistics, data science, performance marketing, and customer success-driven teams that thrive in a modern work environment.
At Resident, our staff is dedicated to the values of Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum. We believe in being:
We love numbers, but we’re obsessed with customer satisfaction. Their happiness is always our number one goal.
The proof is in the data. At Resident, we look to real-time analytics to continually improve our products and customer experience.
The best products at the best prices. A beautiful home should be comfortable, high-quality, and most of all attainable.
We’re not here to reinvent the wheel, we’re here to make it spin faster. Our team has decades of experience in the D2C space. We use that expertise to create brands that consistently outperform and challenge the status quo. If you'd like to be a part of our team as we continue to be a leader in e-commerce disruption, please reach out to learn more.
This is a fully remote position. To be considered for this opportunity you must reside within and have the right to work in the United States.
About the Role
The Sales Lead works directly with the Sales Manager to lead the Resident direct-to-consumer Sales team to help our customers in their pre-purchase journey via inbound phone, email, and chat channels. This is an outstanding sales opportunity for an experienced sales lead who is excited to help ensure our customers get their best night of sleep!
What you'll be doing:
- Live and breathe a Customer First mindset
- Subject matter expert for sales agents in real time in order to help address. product features, policy and operational processes to help agents facilitate and close sales
- Deliver real-time hands-on coaching for sales agents
- Collaborate with sales leadership to ensure execution of ongoing sales development and training to the team of sleep experts. Ensure sleep experts provide the best customer experience while becoming top earners
- Collaborate with WFM to ensure that SLAs, AHTs and productivity metrics are being met
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop, and execute strategies and initiatives to help agents resolve real-time customer questions and concerns
- Share best practices when it comes to inside sales and closing effectively
- Drive results by engaging, motivating, and providing constructive feedback to team members
- Be a ‘mattress and sleep expert’
- Monitor and post leaderboard and sales activity daily to help drive agents to their monthly sales goals
- Communicate effectively with leadership on trends, feedback, product issues, coaching opportunities, customers needs & any product requests
- Help drive and cultivate a strong and healthy sales culture for the team, that keeps sales agents engaged and motivated to reach target business goals
- Multi-task on a variety of web based tools simultaneously to efficiently and effectively get it done
- Willingness to participate by video chat on all internal and external team meetings
- Get excited to come to work every day - bring your best self, be a great team member and get to know fellow employees located around the world!
- 1-2 years of people management experience + 1-2 years of B2B or DTC sales experience in a call center or remote environment
- Comfortable with key sales and service metrics and can speak to the importance of things like SLA, AHT, CSAT, ACW, AOV, conversion rates, up-sell rates, etc.
- Great team building and interpersonal skills with the ability to bring an upbeat, professional and respectful approach to internal and external customers
- Well-organized, with a high attention to detail and ability to prioritize and time manage for successful execution
- A demonstrated ability to listen to customer needs, leverage Feature/Benefit and emotion based selling techniques to identify the best products for each individual
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Comfortable and familiar with working from home and being a self-starter, experience in a startup, DTC, or e-commerce environment a plus
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new platforms
- Tech savvy with the ability to type at approximately 50+ WPM (ideally)
- Experience/proficiency in programs such as Kustomer, Chat Tools, Google Suite, Slack
- Blazing fast internet connection in your zen work sanctuary
Resident is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.