At Flatfile, we're creating beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We're automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
As an Outbound Business Development Representative at Flatfile, you will be a crucial member of the team. You will conduct research, outreach and appointment-setting with the focus on finding partners who can benefit from Flatfile's mission of solving data onboarding problems.
By building connections and telling the Flatfile story, you will bring partners into the Flatfile ecosystem. You will find and connect with CEOs, engineers, designers, and more. You will work with our Account Executives; giving you excellent insight into Sales at a hyper-growth company.
You will report to: Director of Sales
What you'll do
- Identify and build lists of potential accounts and connections
- Initiate first steps in the sales cycle by scheduling meetings with prospective clients
- Run discovery conversations with prospects to assess customer needs
- Partner with Accounts Executives to close qualifying leads and prospects
- Track all activity in CRM and related systems
- Document relevant information from the market back to the Product team to improve prioritization decisions
What you'll bring
- 1+ years of professional work experience, ideally working for a technology or software company
- 1+ years of outbound prospecting experience
- You're passionate about technology and providing a world-class customer experience
- Client-focused mindset
- Excitement for managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Your own unique talents! If you don't meet all of the qualifications listed above, let us know why you'd be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $50,000 annually
Sales Commission & Equity: this role is eligible to earn commissions and equity options
Reasons you’ll love working here
*Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
*401k match. 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
*Equity options for all full-time employees
*100% remote work environment
*Unlimited paid time off, with a recommended minimum of 3 weeks
*$10,000 home office makeover with personal access to an interior designer
*$150 per month toward cell phone and wifi
*The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top-of-the-line hardware.
*24/7 access to a Health Advocate & free annual membership to One Medical
*12 weeks of paid family leave
*And much more!
Flatfile believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company. As such, Flatfile is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people from all walks of life; we do not discriminate based on race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we are invested in growth that empowers everyone to succeed.
Read Full Job Description