Mid-Market Account Executive (UK) at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is launching its B2B business and we’re building our foundational go-to-market team. We are looking for our B2B Mid-Market Account Executives to play a crucial role in partnering with teams and companies to bring Calm as a benefit to their employees.
The ideal candidate is a sales executive who can successfully manage diverse deal cycles with enterprise HR and Benefits professionals. We are looking for a track record of consistent success with 1 to 4 years of quota-carrying experience, having sold into small to midsize employers. Very importantly, we want you to have been an early sales hire in a growth startup that was very successful with an expanding sales team. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life and be inspired by Calm's mission of improving wellness, join us for an adventure that will define your career.
What You’ll Do:
- Nurture and develop inbound interest in Calm as a means to support employee resilience and mental fitness
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Optimize and develop the self service experience for teams
- Collect market intelligence and competitive information
- Craft a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class experience and pleasant encounter with customer service
- Achieve quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Co-sell some deals with our sales leadership
- Prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
Who You Are:
- 3 to 5 years in a sales role, selling a B2B product
- Able to thrive in a smaller and sometimes ambiguous sales environment with multiple objectives and large impact
- You have previously worked in an early stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Experience with new customer acquisition, trial management, and upselling
- Proven successful track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Interest in wellness, meditation and resilience a plus
- Prior success in selling into HR and Benefits teams a plus
- High-energy and embody a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team, and learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.