Manager, Sales Development (APAC) at GitLab (Remote)
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Sales Development Manager at GitLab, your job is to lead a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team. You'll train other members of the SDR team, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the SDR Enablement team.What you'll do in this role
- Train other members of the SDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, as well as the Regional Sales Director's to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
As a Sales Development Manager at GitLab, your job is to lead a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team. You'll train other members of the SDR team, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the SDR Enablement team.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.