Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
The Manager, Customer Success (Enterprise) is an important leadership position within the Customer Success organization. As the Manager, Customer Success you will be responsible for owning the career development, recruiting efforts, account level strategy, retention and upsell targets for our remote US-based Enterprise Customer Success Managers. You will work with the Director, Enterprise Customer Success and Enterprise Sales, along with other departments to ensure that our CSMs are able to help our customers achieve business success through Motive’s suite of solution
The ideal candidate is an excellent coach and mentor, has the ability to inspire individuals to reach their full potential and has deep experiential knowledge of how high-growth SaaS startups function, operate and use Customer Success best practices to grow and retain their customers.What You'll Do:
- Hire, develop, and coach the best Customer Success talent in the marketplace
- Lead a team of 7-10 Enterprise Customer Success Managers to exceed their retention and expansion goals
- Develop, and constantly iterate, playbooks that drive outcomes from Motive’s clients
- Leverage data and analytics to advocate for the client base, care for team performance, and accurately forecast the business
- Own advocating for clients with internal stakeholders to drive value and ensure client outcomes are achieved
- Manage pipeline reviews, escalations, team meetings, 1:1s and expectations around EBRs and Account Planning
- 3+ years proven track record of successfully leading a high performing Customer Success team in B2B SaaS; telematics and hardware experience a plus but not required
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a team of 7+ CSMs with Enterprise clients each carrying a book of business in excess of $2.5M in ARR
- Execution-focused leader with an emphasis on process excellence utilizing technology
- Ability to leverage data to inform decision making and identify opportunities to better service the existing account base
- Collaborative leader that fosters strong internal partnerships with key stakeholders in order to effectively advocate for clients
- Sharp focus on developing people to drive a high performance, learning, culture
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.