Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
As a Motive Sales Engineer Manager, you will help to build and lead a team of Commercial Sales Engineers. Your team will be responsible for engaging with prospects, understanding and assessing customer requirements, preparing and presenting demonstrations of Motive’s products and services, and addressing and overcoming technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. While creating value throughout the sales process is the main function of your role, you will work cross-functionally with our Product, Support, Engineering, and Sales teams.What You'll Do:
- Guide your team on how to plan, prepare, and execute strategic deals in complex sales cycles with the Commercial AE team
- Establish best practices for POC management
- Build out Sales Engineer engagement strategy
- Build and maintain onboarding strategies customized to segment
- Develop strategies and content for Sales Engineering enablement
- Establish and coach on key Sales Engineering KPIs
- Advocate for our users both internally and externally
- Build trust cross-functionally with key stakeholders across the organization
- Keep team apprised of emerging technologies and industry trends
- 2+ years managing Sales Engineers or other similar customer-facing technical roles
- 5+ years working with sales prospects in a pre-sales/sales engineering capacity (SaaS and Hardware experience is a plus)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Experience in the Transportation & Logistics industry is a plus
- Experience with APIs and integrations
- Bachelor's Degree required, Bachelor’s of Science preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.