Head of US Commercial Channel at Atlassian
The Head of US Commercial Channel's primary responsibility is to focus the regional channel team on extending Atlassian's business model through the recruitment and development of a portfolio of consulting, services, and reseller partners. They are responsible for leading the team in growing and shaping partners to build Atlassian mind and market share in the region. We are looking for an exceptional individual who understands the channel business, and also understands how to lead, mentor, and coach a growing team of seasoned Channel Managers and Channel Specialists. Recruiting and enabling partners is an important part of the team's responsibilities, as is the ability to drive sales and marketing activities with the partners to generate demand and additive revenue through the channel. They are actively engaged in aligning the regional team with the Atlassian sales and marketing teams to meet the shared objectives and key results for the region.
The Head of US Commercial Channels can be based in any city of the United States as this is a home office position.
More about you
Does this sound like you?
- You have worked for 15+ years, with experience in the enterprise software industry, and have successfully built and managed channel businesses in channel programs and / or channel marketing
- You are a highly motivated, analytically driven leader and enjoy building, motivating and coaching a team
- You like to challenge the go-to-market approaches of legacy vendors and want to rewrite the book on how business can be done
- Have proven experience managing all types of partners: Resellers, Regional SI's, Services Partners, aggregators, etc.
- "Recruit, Enable and Sell" is your motto, and partners actually enjoy doing business plans with you and your teams
- You love working in a fast-paced and ever changing environment, take the initiative to get stuff done or try something new and love sharing your findings with your team
More about the role
- Manage team of Channel Managers and Channel Specialists to deliver the Atlassian Channel business charter - to grow the customer community, to service and support our customers, and be Atlassian's megaphone of their sub-region.
- Responsibility of the regional Go To Market strategy including partner recruitment, partner development focus, MDF, Partner enablement, balancing the regional needs with Atlassian's global strategy
- Have a solid understanding of Atlassian products and their positioning, and can present/speak at local partner and community events
- Drive the channel business in coordination with Atlassian's Enterprise Account teams to align on a unified go-to-market approach of Atlassian utilizing Solution Partners
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and drive vision across organizations.
- Set the strategy for channel field in the US to support Atlassian's business objectives. Foster collaboration between teams to deliver integrated go to market campaigns and initiatives needed to achieve results.
- Be highly organized, analytical, data driven, and experienced at creating business plans to justify program decisions.
- Understand the financial impact our channel programs have on our channel partners.
- Establish standards for measuring partner experience, engagement, and satisfaction as measures of commitment to Atlassian.
- Have a really good playbook of channel programs and initiatives, but also are open to creating new plays to be successful in Atlassian's unique business model.
- Deliver dashboards, reports and charts to communicate and inform your team on progress and initiatives.
More about our team
The US Commercial Channel Team is a group of high-energy experienced professionals that have proven to be instrumental in further accelerating one of highest growth markets for Atlassian. They are all based in the region. You will work closely with the partner program, enablement, and field marketing teams, to develop and deliver programs that suit the needs of our local partners, as well as represent Atlassian in the field. The Channels team is part of the broader sales team, which has a very unique approach to selling.
This position reports to the Head of Americas Channels.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .