Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure
This is an exciting opportunity to lead, coach and manage a diverse Sales Development team that is fuelling our future growth by delivering the high-quality pipeline required to meet our sales targets.
Reporting to our Vice President, Global Sales, you’ll be responsible for the demand generation and business development activities globally. You’ll combine your passion for developing sales talent along with the desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline to build and lead a high-performing sales development team. Collaboration with our Marketing and Sales Enablement teams will be fundamental to your success, as will your ability to build strong relationships with our Regional Sales Leaders.
If you are a high performing seller and leader looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.What You'll Be Doing:
- Coach, manage and lead a team of SDRs and BDRs, supporting the development of their vertical market knowledge and forecasting skills whilst maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Work directly with your team to improve overall prospecting effectiveness, including prospecting cadences and discovery and qualification methods.
- Partner with the marketing and business operations to increase efficiencies and improve processes within the department.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Demand Generation team to ensure effective follow up on leads to generate sales opportunities
- Mentor each SDR and BDR individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team that is responsible for providing qualified leads to our Account Executives
- Providing feedback on lead quality and effectiveness of the Go To Market lead generation activities
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
- 2+ year(s) of management experience with specific experience selling software, infrastructure or cloud-based products OR 3+ years prior experience in a quota-carrying role and the desire to lead an SDR team.
- A strong track record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by identifying, qualifying (ideally closing as well) new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Proven experience building, coaching, and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Experience selling into a variety of industries and territories as well as experience cultivating larger, strategic relationships
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams as well as leveraging internal resources to problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent reporting (CRM) and forecasting skills.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a sales environment
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Be curious and ask questions
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!