Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The Head of Federal, State & Local Sales is responsible for developing and running a team to drive the growth of Acquia products from new and existing accounts.. The successful candidate must be able to clearly understand and articulate the Acquia servicing value proposition. Good business judgment and skills will be crucial, as this position will require interaction with prospective customers and senior level management. Crafting strategy and developing and executing against it to develop accounts and build pipelines.
- Hire, manage and lead a team of Federal State & Local Account Executives to successfully own and develop their territories and strengthen their pipelines
- Build and engage the Federal State & Local team to become outstanding
- Report on team metrics (activity & pipeline) and provide forecasting to Executive Leadership
- As a member of the Senior Leadership team, contribute to the overall growth and success of the Company
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Acquia’s Account Management, Solutions Architecture, and Services teams to ensure a positive customer experience and territory growth
- Develop and implement internal processes to build flawless management of territories and measurements of team performance while decreasing roadblocks
- Travel to client meetings as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 10+ years relevant proven experience within the Federal State & Local market, preferably with CMS experience or PaaS/SaaS marketplace
- 5+ years in enterprise software sales as a sales team leader in Federal State & Local market
- Experience in selling FedRAMP CSOs as a direct vendor or part of a solution
- Demonstrated experience of selling complex software and services to government clients
- Experience working with Public Sector Distributors (eg. Carahsoft)
- Experience negotiating large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management
- Expert knowledge of Federal procurement practices and contract vehicles (i.e. GSA, SEWP, etc)
- Ability to think strategically and bring structure to team
- Align with Company priorities and devise departmental annual and quarterly goals
- Motivates team and keeps them passionate about their highest priorities
- Ability to travel as needed
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.