Head of Corporate Development at Acquia
Head of Corporate Development
Acquia is the Open Digital Experience company.
We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. Our goal is to make it easier to create great digital experiences. Through our multi-Product Platform we allow organizations to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. We’re the pioneering leaders in both Open Source Digital Experiences and in Data Science-Driven Marketing. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts the Acquia community has over 1,150 employees worldwide and 1,800+ Enterprise Customers, including major global names. We all live and work by our Acquia DNA. We continue to receive many accolades in the industry. In 2021, we are both recognized as one of the 100 Top Software Companies by The Software Report and as the fastest rising platform in the last three years in the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
Acquia is looking for a highly motivated Head of Corporate Development reporting to Mike Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer. You will be responsible for all aspects of strategic acquisitions that will continue to expand Acquia’s footprint. You will source proprietary acquisition opportunities and develop relationships with the founders, executives and Board members of those businesses to promote a transaction. You will oversee the M&A pipeline and lead the deal process from prospecting and execution to ensure successful post-closing integration.
- Work with CEO staff to refine long-term inorganic growth strategy
- Manage the M&A transaction process from identification of potential targets to close, using prior M&A experience
- Make recommendations on transaction terms with potentially large financial implications (i.e. indemnification provisions, working capital)
- Demonstrate results of managing M&A transactions through rigorous post-closing analysis
- Source proprietary deals and develop relationships with the founders of the businesses
- Build credible relationships to be seen as a trusted, respected partner
- Coordinate with the executive team to develop the operating and valuation models, including giving feedback on assumptions, levels of return and value
- Management and coordination of transaction teams, department functions and external resources such as outside legal counsel, consulting and accounting teams. You will need to ensure the team understand the transaction process, help the team identify and understand key risks in the transaction and bring the team to recommendations and decisions on deal points
- Negotiate the transaction terms, including the letter of intent and all transaction related documents, with appropriate input from the executive leadership team
- Present to the executive team and Board throughout the transaction, including updates on the transaction, leading discussions and providing recommendations to resolve issues and presentations requesting formal approval to proceed with the transaction
- Lead due diligence and prepare the organization to execute acquisition integration activities
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, Economics, or related degree. Equivalent of the same working experience also acceptable
- 10+ years working in mergers and acquisitions within the technology/software industry
- Substantial track record of M&A closing experience and business partnership experience
- International and public company transaction experience
- Experience in investment banking, consulting and private equity
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with senior executives
- Experience analyzing large data quantities, driving financial modeling and due diligence on complex financial transactions
- Experience with operational, accounting, tax, legal, regulatory and human resource implications that a proposed transaction would have on Acquia
- Ability to consider and balance risks arising from multiple areas (accounting, legal, tax, compliance)
- Superior and executive-level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated project management skills – in particular driving to resolution of issues on time and getting executive agreement and support
- Ability to travel as needed
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.