If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewPelco, a MSI company, is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of predictive video security solutions including cameras, recording and management systems, software, and services. Our personal engagement with customers, resellers and technology partners drives the development and deployment of surveillance and security solutions with meaningful innovation. It’s the foundation that Pelco has built its brand upon for over 25 years.
From the recently introduced VideoXpert video management platform to our industry-leading selection of IP cameras and accessories, Pelco is committed to designing and delivering a broad range of high-quality, IP video security solutions, products, and systems that make the world safer.
Pelco, a Motorola Solutions Company, uses value added distributors to manage one of its routes to market for its video security products. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales – NAM, the Distribution Channel Manager takes responsibility for these relationships with the distribution channel and works closely with the regional sales team to support this route to market.
The role is highly varied and requires skills in several core functions including, general management tasks, business to business account management, and sales activities.
This role will be responsible for Channel Accounts across the US
- Sales functions include forecasting, project registration, pipeline management through CRM, proof of concepts for distributors, product demonstration, and market positioning presentations
- Business development activities such as creation and management of marketing development co-op programs, identifying new opportunities, increasing spend through existing partners as well as identifying new partners
- Quarterly and Annual review meetings with distribution partner’s management teams. Attendance at trade events as required and working with the distributors at their customer events
- Business to Business functions including sales training for the distributor’s internal sales staff, external sales staff, and product management team to best position Pelco products enabling them to confidently sell the portfolio of products
- Quarterly marketing action plans and implementation, website audits, running incentive and partner programs through distribution. Taking ownership of partners' issues to help resolve them quickly allowing us to ensure best of class service
- General management including stock and inventory management, financial management credit facilities, new part management and end of life, setting annual targets and expectations with Pelco management, contract management for new distribution partners as required
- Additionally, manage point of sale submissions and timely receipt for the sales operations team
- Advising on regional requirements ensuring we are working with the appropriate distribution channel partners, based upon the maturity of our brand and the distributor’s customer base
Experience and Attributes
- Strong understanding of the video surveillance market with an aptitude for selling solutions with a minimum of five years’ experience in this secto
- Focused individual with a passion for technology and an aptitude for customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong negotiation skills being comfortable with negotiation at all levels of the business up to and including senior management
- Excellent presentation skills verbal and written, able to communicate complex solutions in an informative way, and adapt to a varied audience
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP communication, CCTV, and access control
- Prior distribution experience is essential for the role, with an understanding of IT and Security distribution, either working in distribution or selling solutions to and through distribution
- Excellent IT skills, in office and other essential platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business area
- 5+ years’ experience in security solutions sales
- 3+ years’ customer facing experience
- Physical security experience (hardware and/or software)
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Listening and presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills; ability to close business while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Driven, resourceful, self-starter, with strong initiative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com and maintain good CRM hygiene
- Established relationships and demonstrated success with integrators and distributors
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- IT and motor skills to be able to effectively demonstrate equipment and solutions to customers
- Travel extensively throughout your the territory as required. We would expect this to exceed 50% of your time (this may include travel on short notice from time to time)
- Have a valid driver's license and a clean driver's abstract (you may be required to provide your driver's abstract from time to time) and be able to drive your own vehicle for travel within the assigned territory
- North American travel, including travel by air, will be required from time to time
- Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of sales experience in security solutions or 8+ years of sales in security solutions
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.