Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
As one of the Directors in the Commercial Sales Segment, you’ll be a key leader in one of our most performant and fastest growing sales segments at Motive.
You’ll lead a team of Regional Sales Managers, each of whom manages 8-10 Account Executives. In addition to running the business to hit monthly and quarterly revenue targets in new logo as well as expansion, you’ll also be a key driver of the segment’s execution strategy.
This includes close collaboration with internal partner orgs like Recruiting, Marketing, Customer Success, and Order Management as well as the rest of the Sales Organization including the other Segment VP’s and Directors in SMB, Mid Market, and when applicable Enterprise, as well as Sales Engineering, Sales Operations, Sales Development, and Sales Enablement.
This is a unique opportunity to be a key leader of one of the highest performing segments in one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies. KT just passed 200M in ARR and is on a path to file for IPO this year. Contributing to this leg of the race and being present for this type of scaling is nothing short of a career-maker.What You'll Do:
- Lead a world-class Sales team, partnering to close new logos and expand current customer ARR
- Develop and execute on strategic plans for your team to meet or exceed revenue quota over monthly, quarterly, and annual levels
- Track progress and success of the team against various primary KPIs, making optimizations as necessary to deliver on top-level objectives
- Develop key programs that support the team’s ongoing development and consistent execution across all RSM’s and their AE’s
- Collaborate with your Managers and enablement partners to further develop our on-boarding programs, ongoing training curriculum, and sales playbooks
- Cultivate a culture of high-performance, accountability, and a focus on continuous improvement
- Support special projects that help to fuel growth
- Collaborate with KT Sales leadership on key reports, forecasts, and business for executive stakeholder management
- 5+ years of Sales leadership experience across sales orgs of 25-50+ team members
- 2+ years managing sales managers
- History of exceeding sales targets while growing headcount and capacity
- Proven success scaling organizations through phases of rapid growth, preferably in a startup environment
- A people-based mindset, with a passion for coaching and developing sales talent at all levels and a history of developing great sales cultures
- A passion and proclivity for jumping into the trenches with your team and meeting with clients to navigate complex sales cycles and close important opportunities
- Examples of bringing operational rigor, execution, accountability to your team’s day-to-day processes
- A history of influential and impactful collaboration with internal Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Sales stakeholders
- Track record for building out successful plans -- both data-driven and actionable -- that meet or exceed segment business goals
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and a strong bias for action
- Experience within the SaaS industry strongly preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.