Deal Desk Specialist at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
The Calm Health Operations team is driven to make the world happier and healthier by creating leverage for the larger Calm Health organization. We act as trusted partners to the Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Product, Engineering, and People teams, leveraging data to drive continuous improvement and efficiency on all fronts. On the Ops team, we highly value collaboration, learning, and curiosity!
What You'll Do:
As a member of the Calm Health Operations team, you will directly contribute to optimizing the speed and efficiency of the Calm Health organization at Calm. You will support and own the Deal Desk function, managing sales data integrity, performing contract creation and reconciliation, and partnering with the Finance team to streamline invoicing operations. You will also act as a trusted and collaborative partner to the Sales team, ensuring that all deals are closed with speed, ease and accuracy. Top candidates will come from B2B backgrounds where they have seen rapid growth and scale, and have shown the ability to create order from ambiguity. This person will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy, and quickly identify errors and discrepancies between contracts and system-of-record data, responding appropriately to solve underlying issues.
- Be the primary point of contact for sales teams on quote and order form creation
- Shepherd deals through the sales cycle & internal approval process in collaboration with the appropriate cross-functional teams
- Ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce, auditing every closed/won opportunity and validating it with the signed contract
- Act as sales-facing subject matter expert on process, policy, and pricing-related matters
- Partner cross-functionally and serve as key liaison and escalation point for sales, account management, finance, and legal on all deal-related topics
- Support our CPQ systems (Salesforce products/pricing and Docusign CLM)
- Contribute to operational process improvements to increase the effectiveness of Deal Desk
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for all Deal Desk processes
- Manage any required sales contract amendments and addendums
- Manage overall data quality/hygiene and ongoing processes to support data quality
- Effectively prioritize and manage additional ad-hoc requests and responsibilities
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of quote-to-cash process
- Basic understanding of revenue recognition
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- Highly analytical, solutions-focused
- Very quick learner and comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Works well under pressure, with ruthless prioritization and timely and transparent communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate complex cross-functional situations
- Experience with leading sales tools including, but not limited to, SFDC, CPQ and DocuSign and Ironclad
- Can operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Order management experience
- Finance, Consulting, or Investment Banking experience
- Familiarity with with Confluence, Jira, and Asana for documentation and work-planning
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.