Customer Success Manager at Thumbtack (Remote)
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
The mission statement of the Pro Success team is to drive adoption, expansion and retention of targeted pros through strategic relationships, therefore ensuring their continued growth and success. We partner closely with our highest potential professionals (aka pro’s) to build relationships, drive product adoption and empower them to achieve their business goals. The members of this team are Thumbtack product experts and work cross functionally with our Sales, Product, Operations and Service & Support teams in order to drive results and retain our top pro’s.About the Role
At Thumbtack we are driven by a strong passion for helping our pros achieve their goals. A Success Manager on the Tier 1 Pro Success Team is a key role to ensure we achieve this, promoting a culture of customer obsession. You will drive retention and growth of our pro’s by fostering relationships; acting as their primary point of contact within Thumbtack. This will be accomplished by partnering with marketing to align on their business goals, providing actionable feedback and assisting them in getting the full value out of our platform.Responsibilities
- Be an advocate for your pro’s and operate with a customer obsession mentality
- Drive retention and growth by managing a portfolio of high potential pro’s on Thumbtack. Understand your pro’s strategic goals, needs and challenges so you can support them in extracting the full value of their Thumbtack experience
- Creating moments of thoughtful recognition for our pro’s to show them how appreciative we are of our partnership
- Provide appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Become an expert of the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate how we will help your pro’s meet their goals
- Act as a bridge between the pro and Thumbtack, providing feedback about the product to our internal product teams
- Leverage a combination of tech touch and 1:1 meetings to connect with assigned pro’s
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a customer success, account management, consulting or similar customer facing role
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of accounts , build strong customer relationships and deliver a customer centric solution that met defined KPIs
- Technology enthusiast, positively curious, and eager to build and learn
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Ability to work cross functionally within an organization to drive results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication: clear, on point and confident
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Experience working for a company offering services through an online Marketplace
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience
- Quick learner that can incorporate industry and vertical specific jargon in your communication with customers.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.