The Commercial Insurance Account Specialist role plays a key part in the direct sales team by driving and maintaining high retention numbers through their unique ability to connect with clients. This role requires flexibility, industry knowledge, and strong relationship management skills to garner positive results. Commercial Insurance Account Specialists will be responsible for the management of 3rd party commercial insurance renewals, issuing Certificates of Insurance, acting as a liaison between the insured and the carrier, and cross selling other lines of business to customers when renewing.How You’ll Do ItRenewing and Retaining Commercial Client Insurance Policies
- Speaking with clients by answering inbound inquiries, providing COI’s and requested insurance documents, updating client information within policies and CRM systems.
- Outreach to clients on a consistent basis to notify of upcoming renewals, verify accuracy of policyholder information and ensure accurate quotes.
- Working in Salesforce and policy management system to pull activities and work with assigned accounts through the renewal process.
- Answering questions on policy items to ensure first-class client experience, strengthening the client relationship.
- Acting in a consulting capacity to support the client’s needs regarding their policy and sell additional products.
- Administrative data input and document upload.
- Understand our carrier relationships and service capabilities.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication by answering questions and resolving issues or concerns.
- Ability to navigate multiple internal systems to locate and edit customer policy information.
- Act as a liaison between customer and third-party carriers to ensure timely response and resolution to their inquiry.
- Manage the quote process for commercial insureds.
- Assess changes in the customer’s account to assess if a new quote is appropriate, or if previous policies quote is still applicable.
- Gather business and risk assessment information including verifying information with the customer about their business.
- A high school diploma or GED is required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Active License in P&C (Property and Casualty) Insurance is required.
- A minimum 2 years of inside sales, account management, or customer solutions/success experience required.
- 1+ years of commercial insurance experience required. Worker’s compensation experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems required.
- Basic skills in using G Suite tools, Collaboration tools (e.g. Slack), Zoom and VOIP phone systems.
- Strong communication skills: ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner, as well as persuasively, to various audiences.
- Demonstrated sales skills: meets and often exceeds sales performance quotas consistently. Ability to follow and move through the renewal and new business sales process in order to complete the sale.
- Strong Commercial Insurance knowledge: understands policy structure, evaluating risk, classifies business with correct class codes, and general understanding of other insurance product lines.
- Knowledgeable in determining customer needs: has ability to rerate and quote Lines of Business according to new information and quote multiple lines in third party portals, understanding of system of functionality and uses.
Base compensation for position: $28.00/hour - $29.00/hour
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The on-target earnings (OTE) for this role are approximately $79,500 and are based on successfully meeting performance expectations.
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.Location Information
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.Additional Information
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.