Business Value Consultant at PagerDuty (Remote)
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
The PagerDuty Business Value Consultant is closely aligned with our Sales Leadership and Account Executives, directly supporting sales pursuits within our top accounts. This is a high visibility position that works on our most strategic opportunities and consistently impacts a large percentage of PagerDuty’s revenue. Our primary focus is to directly engage with customer leadership teams to help articulate the tangible, strategic, and financial impact that the PagerDuty platform can deliver to their organizations.
We are looking for a highly talented, creative, self-motivated individual, who is empowered to be a “go-to person” for sales leadership and account executives; you will help define our strategy for supporting, educating, and scaling the Business Value program in your region.
- Partner with sales management, sales engineering, customer success, and other functions to grow the amount of value-related activity in your region
- Work closely with prospective and existing customers, alongside sales and other functions, to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers and metrics, and help customers understand how our solutions will help them achieve their strategic and financial goals
- Develop and deliver compelling CXO-ready business case presentations and financial models (ROI, TTV, TCO) aimed at accelerating, justifying, and/or expanding sales opportunities
- Facilitate internal and external discovery to map out customers' "as is" and "to be" business processes with the goal of identifying and prioritizing key business value drivers
- Educate PagerDuty account teams on value selling best practices and trends to improve value-based selling and implementation strategies
- ~30% travel (post-pandemic)
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, solution consulting, financial/investment analysis, and/or other applicable roles
- Strong executive presence with collaboration and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of DevOps, ITOps, ITSM, Customer Service concepts along with Cloud and IT Transformation and process reengineering
- Self-starter comfortable working within a fast-paced startup environment
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker
- Deep quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills, with proven business insight and judgment
- Thrive in working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Experience in technology or Enterprise SaaS and leading customer/client engagements preferred
- Understanding of strategic selling strategies such as Command of the Message, MEDDICC, or others
- Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in business management or finance or equivalent work experience
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.PagerDuty Offers
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity; CultureAdditional Information
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.