Account Executive, Mid-Market, Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
| Philadelphia, PA
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform. In just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management). Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, our products give organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Recently valued at $3.2 billion with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with nine offices across three continents (San Mateo, Austin, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Tampa, London, Sydney, Taipei City and Krakow), 1,400+ full-time employees and 15,000+ customers across 73 countries, including 100+ companies in the Fortune 500.
This is just the beginning. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we face and the innovative platform we are building to make our schools, hospitals, businesses and communities safer.
Verkada is building a world-class sales organization. Our business requires highly motivated and capable sales professionals. We prioritize drive and demonstrated success in whatever sales role you’ve been in before — we care far less about fancy pedigrees, schools, or a resume with “brand name” companies. We have a fun, positive culture of success, and of course, we pay well.
- Source and close new business to consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Build an intimate understanding of Verkada products and their place in the industry
- Manage the full sales cycle: Prospect for new customers, host online demos, create proposals, and close deals
- Maintain accurate pipeline management with expert-level forecasting
- Aggressively exceed goals consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, online demos, and trials every quarter
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to customers and channel partners
- Work closely with Customer Success to ensure smooth launches and fuel future product growth
- Provide market/client feedback to Verkada’s product/engineering team
- At least 2+ years of sales experience in a quota-carrying capacity
- Highly effective communication skills, with ability to build rapport, nurture relationships, and strong presentation skills
- Thrive in a dynamic, competitive, and fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
- Experience in Salesforce is a plus
- Tenacity, drive to learn, and self-motivated
- Must be able to work in office
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description