Protection Enterprise Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The National Systems Group serves as the technical adviser to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
Within the National Systems Group, the Systems Engineering & Launch Division (SELD) is seeking a motivated Protection Enterprise Senior Project Leader to lead Aerospace contributions to the customer's System Engineering Directorate, Office of Chief Engineer, Protection Capability Domain, providing end-to-end systems engineering and enterprise integration of the customer's space and ground programs for Indications and Warning, Defense, Cyber, and Operations.
This position requires 100% on site work in Chantilly, VA.
What You'll Be Doing
- As the Senior Project Leader, you'll be an integration leader with high-visibility collaboration with senior customer, Aerospace, and contractor leaders, contributing to mission success through technical teams. The primary customer is the SED Protection Capability Program Manager (CPM), with emphasis on development and delivery of emerging mission-critical capabilities.
- Provide senior leadership to the Protection CPM in key functional areas, including enterprise integration of mission systems, identification and mitigation of system/enterprise/joint risks, development and execution of system verification, validation, and test concepts, and assessment of system performance.
- Develop broad views of Protection needs and expanding capabilities to drive customer (National Systems Group) and community-wide (Defense Systems Group and Space Systems Group) architecture, acquisition, and integration.
- Collaborate with the Aerospace technical matrix to develop solutions for enterprise Protection issues and apprise Aerospace senior corporate leadership on Protection-related challenges and accomplishments.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments.
- Relevant technical, programmatic and systems engineering Protection domain experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior customer leadership and successfully function within mixed teams comprised of senior government, FFRDC, and CAAS/SETA personnel.
- Willing to support occasional domestic travel and flex work schedules to accommodate deadlines.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- An advanced degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering concepts, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge of Aerospace ETG capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support.
- Willingness to learn and grow with this emerging mission area.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.