Technical Program Manager - Cloud at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki is seeking an expert Technical Program Manager for driving multi-functional and cloud backend engineering programs. Come be part of the team that delivers cutting edge products for businesses and organizations of all sizes. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and other multi-functional teams to shepherd through all phases of development. Our goal is to deliver high quality products on time and within budget.You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead cross functional programs for Meraki’s Dashboard, cloud backend and SRE including APIs, testing, and framework upgrades
- Build and drive program plan with well led dependencies and partner alignment
- Implement and track program deliverables, milestones, action items, technical dependencies, risks, and mitigation plans
- Work with engineers, product managers, , and other program managers to define priorities
- Understand product use cases and communicate technically with engineering and product teams
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams to best understand and deliver on business goals and priorities
- Prepare program status reports and executive briefings for various stakeholder groups
- Enforce to metrics and governance for Meraki’s process and drive process improvements
- Driving Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) and Quality Reviews for the Cloud team
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience in software engineering
- 8+ years of experience as Program Manager in software, hardware, embedded, networking, cloud technologies or products
- 3+ years of experience as Program Manager in specifically in software products and cloud backend technologies
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products to achieve target success
- Strong understanding of software development processes and Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience working with project planning tools (Jira, Wrike, Confluence, Google Docs)
- Appetite for rapid changes and comfort with navigating through uncertain/ambiguous situations
- Experience working in an agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc…) environment
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept differences - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.