Senior Technical Program Manager, Content Experience at The Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to facilitate the development, rollout, and adoption of several projects adding new functionality as well as to scale our content and experience delivery platform services and infrastructure. In this role, you are expected to work with various partners including Product, Operations & Engineering Teams to coordinate cross-team initiatives that deliver on Disney Streaming’s business goals & objectives.
The content experience and delivery platform teams build backend services, APIs, and capabilities to enable a personalized viewer experience on a wide array of platforms serving tens of millions of users. You will shepherd the development process for related teams, ensuring that it is both effective and tailored to the team’s domain. You will also be a key partner to the functional managers of your team members, ensuring that they have visibility into team members' engagement and contribution.
This role involves a combination of team-level and cross-team program-level planning and execution across multiple teams and projects as outlined below.
At the team level, this role will be responsible for team project deliverables through running scrum ceremonies and other related team-level project management duties
- Scrum master / scrum ceremonies
- Backlog management
- Stakeholder management
- Cross-team communication
- Vendor relationship management (DataDog, others)
- Team level projects delivery – Orchestration, Project Solo, Star+ Launch
Develop project plans across teams that detail the development and deployment schedule for the implementation of the projects above, rollout and operational adoption. This includes:
- Collaborating with architects, development, DevOps, QA teams and operations partners to confirm requirements, levels of effort, and schedules
- Identifying dependencies between groups and scheduling work as needed.
- Planning service launch, including communications with product & operations users. ○ Planning the transition from development to operational state.
- Identifying and managing areas of impact for related and tangential internal systems and components
- Documenting impacts and work required by software engineering teams using Jira, Confluence, and related tools.
- Confirming acceptance of work by the business users and external auditors
- Documentation and communication to stakeholders of project states, progress, updates and issues
- Managing the schedule and on-time delivery
- Regularly hold agile scrum ceremonies, such as daily standup, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint review/retro, etc.
- Triage and prioritize the incoming work/requests to the scrum team.
- Update scrum team’s road map and communicate changes to stakeholders
- Capture and communicate standard metrics such as velocity, committed to completed.
- Evolve practices and ceremonies as needed.
Basic Qualifications :
- Experience with backend services, APIs, and microservice architecture
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object-oriented development, build processes, change control, and release management
- Ability to understand technical details and distill them for appropriate audiences is key.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Additional Information :