Senior IT Project Manager at Ball Aerospace (East Bay)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior IT Project Manager
This position will play a support role in creating a cohesive portfolio of projects to support ITS and larger organizational strategies, as well as communicating and executing upon the overall strategy for the organization. During project execution the Project Manager is accountable for the success of all projects under their supervision in a matrixed organization. Plan, execute, and deliver all projects on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with IT leadership and internal customers to establish project portfolio and prioritize within that portfolio for execution.
- Collaborate with customer and departmental leadership to prioritize and appropriately resource projects adhering to roadmaps and organizational priorities.
- Act as liaison/relationship manager/primary point of contact between ITS organization and other support or business organizations.
- Provide project execution leadership and management adhering to project methodology and compliance standards, as well as act as PM throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Provide critical and project status updates including project portfolio alignment, project execution performance, and business sponsor success criteria.
- Build, maintain and execute to a stakeholder matrix including IT and internal organization, value stream, and program leadership.
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Support the execution of the ITS and organization strategy, utilizing change management strategies (drive enterprise alignment).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 8 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate IT project portfolio and lead multiple projects simultaneously including but not limited to infrastructure build and maintenance, application development and deployment, and network optimization.
- Ability to work in dynamic high tempo environment and directly interface with customer.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to determine an appropriate level of detail given project milestones.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Strong computer knowledge. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and able to work independently as needed.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Comfortable with, and able to provide structure to, ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Ability to self-start, take initiative, and work well in teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and ITIL concepts.
- Ability to scope, manage, execute, and deliver on multiple small to large, complex projects in a timely manner.
- PMP preferred will consider CSM.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.