At Atlassian we believe in the power of teamwork. Our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team through open work. Do you thrive on making high performing leadership teams hum? Do you have experience driving a powerful operational strategy, and a knack for keeping busy senior leaders accountable and productive? Then this read on - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Senior Group Program Manager, Data and Cloud Infrastructure is part of Atlassian's Programs and Practices team and is responsible for looking after key teams within our Transformation and Platform organization: our Data Organization (Data Platform, Machine Learning & AI, Measurement Platform - to name a few) & Cloud Infrastructure (Infrastructure, SRE, Production Engineering - and many more).
The craft of program management | Atlassian
More about the role
Atlassian is seeking an experienced Senior Group Program Manager, Data and Cloud Infrastructure to lead the growing Data and Cloud Infrastructure program management organization.
We'll be looking to you to help us prioritise, focus and create flow across the Data and Cloud Infrastructure leadership team with a multiplying effect broader into Atlassian Platform, Operations & Transformations group. You'll excel at context switching as you prioritise and juggle multiple ops projects (and moving them rapidly along), all while keeping calm under pressure.
More about Programs and Practices
The program managers and coaches that make up Atlassian's Programs & Practices team draw from a mixture of disciplines-but all of them are change agents, curating and communicating the practices that inspire and guide our best work.
The role of the team may be complex, but their influence is clear and threefold: First, PgMs lead strategic planning for teams across Atlassian, bringing programs to completion and driving results. Second, PgMs bring their experiences back to the group and partner with the Practices folks to collectively hone the craft- and define the way work gets done across the whole company. Third, all of this knowledge makes its way into Atlassian's products, ultimately transforming work for our customers around the world. P&P's experienced, collaborative, and organised team helps us make a difference in highly visible, strategic projects.
More About Data and Cloud Infrastructure
This team of ~500 is distributed across Australasia, India, and North America. 'Team Data' was established with the goal of meeting demands around data informed by evolving customer needs and product ambitions. This team will turn data at Atlassian into a Modern Data Platform we can use to build the next generation of products, leveraging common data, enhancing intelligent capabilities, and solve for massive data ingestion.
The Cloud Infrastructure organization was established to provide the best experience for the teams inside Atlassian so that they can build and deliver great experiences for customers. Cloud Foundations & SRE, previously separate teams at Atlassian, came together to help Atlassian build and run cloud services at scale.
In this role you'll be:
- Strategic partner: You'll be a key member of the Data and Cloud Infrastructure senior leadership team, setting the tone and driving the leadership cadence.
- People leader: You'll lead a team of high performing program management managers and individual contributors, inspiring and growing this team
- Craft leader: You'll be a member of our program management leadership team, defining and leading transformation in how we work across Atlassian.
- Delivery leader: You'll own strategic planning and high quality delivery for the broad portfolio of Data and Infrastructure outcomes.
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- 10+ years of experience in Program Management or similar.
- Capability at scale. Atlassian is growing, and the nature of our infrastructure and data challenges are those of scale. Experience at large modern organizations or large departments is a must.
- Technical capability. This role does not require hands-on coding, but requires a leader that can ask the right questions, unblock teams, and "see around corners"
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- You'll need to be driven to turn the chaos rapidly to clarity and then communicate it clearly.
- Someone with a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one's own assumptions.
- A real people person. Someone who can communicate well with stakeholders from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .