Program Manager, Customer Experience Platform at Invitae
Location: San Diego, CA or Remote in USA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
In your role as a Program Manager for the Customer Experience Platform, you will be the lead for the delivery of a diverse set of initiatives working closely with stakeholders across a wide set of functions including Product Management, Engineering, and Design to build some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who will drive forward strategic projects that execute against the roadmap. Candidates should possess a natural curiosity for how the industry and business operates, and work to become the “glue” and pivotal connection between various stakeholder teams.
The genetic testing space is moving and rapidly growing quickly. We are looking for a product leader who can guide us through this transformation. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.What you'll be doing:
- Lead cross-functional programs focused on growing capabilities and improving scalability, performance and stability of our platform
- Define scope, milestones, program team roles, resource needs, and timelines for successful program execution
- Partner with key cross functional stakeholders to see opportunities for improvement and proactively drive for results
- Define, track, and report on key metrics on your programs
- Manage interlocking dependencies across various stakeholders while ensuring conflicts and decisions are identified, documented, resolved, and advanced.
- Manage stakeholder engagement including communicating risks and blockers in roadmap timelines to stakeholders
- Assist with training and documentation efforts as they relate to program launches, when needed
- 3-5 years of experience in leading sophisticated cross functional programs in an industry setting, preferably in biotech or healthcare
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with data collection and analysis to drive decisions and evaluate the impact of programs
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, handle trade offs, and evaluate opportunistic new insights with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communication, and proven track record to manage multiple, opposing priorities simultaneously
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Comfortable with operating in a highly ambiguous environment where most things have to be flushed out and/or built from scratch
- Certificate in project management from the PMI or similar
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve crafted a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.