Professional Development Specialist (Math) - Boston, MA at Curriculum Associates
Professional Development Specialist (Math) - Boston, MA
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person! #CareersAtCA
Are you an educator passionate about serving teachers and students, but also transitioning out of the classroom? This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven company focused on creating equitable classrooms for students, and still be part of a school community! Curriculum Associates seeks a Professional Development Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate has a background in teaching and/or coaching teachers, as well as experience leading professional development with school and district leaders.
Successful candidates will show flexibility and synergy with different team members including our Sales team, teachers, students, and school districts as part of day-to-day interactions. The Professional Development Specialist will be responsible for providing targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district and site leaders. Dynamic, engaging leaders who are interested in making a lasting and direct impact with the way schools teach Mathematics to students from grades K–8 are encouraged to apply.
The impact you'll have:
- Become an expert on the company's online Diagnostic and Instruction program and Common Core product, focusing on Mathematics
- Support districts select and implement a product with lasting impact on learning
- Work with multiple stakeholders across large audiences
- Support district-wide adoptions of the Ready Mathematics program and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program
- Help to ensure equity in the classroom by delivering professional development to teachers, coaches and leaders on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning
- Meet teachers where they are and provide tailored on-site support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges
- Collaborate with district and site leaders to develop and revise annual professional development plans and schedules
- Serve as an thought leader for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company's mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers
- Stay current and attend company provided educational conferences related to your role, when scheduling permits, and participate in team-provided development
- Experience new environments and challenges on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborate in a supportive environment filled with feedback loops, a strong virtual community, and shared best practices
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience in teaching Mathematics or ELA, coaching teachers of Mathematics, or providing Mathematics professional development
- Fluency using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders
- An understanding of principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations
- Ability to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to deliver CA solutions effectively
- Willingness to travel within designated territory as well as to company meetings several times throughout the year (once safe to do so)
- Candidates with a strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, Grades K–8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and company cell phone. Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Location & Travel: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once we have permission to re-enter schools, this position will be required to work out of the Boston, MA area in order to provide live support to districts. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role. Travel up to 50% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.