Privacy Program Manager (remote eligible) at Okta
Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Privacy & Product legal team as a Privacy Program Manager. In this position you will play a key role in driving and supporting privacy initiatives through the product, engineering, marketing, security, and sales organizations at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will work on cutting-edge privacy projects, in a modern, cloud-first, SaaS environment, to help Okta deliver world-class products to our thousands of global customers.
This position will be based at an Okta office in the USA or remote. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with a talented, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders, then apply to join our rapidly-growing team!
What we are looking for:
Okta is looking for a Privacy Program Manager who has experience supporting product counseling and privacy programs at a high-growth technology company. We’re looking to scale our privacy program and want someone to contribute to Okta’s role as an industry leader in privacy.
The ideal candidate can collaborate with internal clients and develop creative approaches to complying with global data protection law through pragmatic, scalable internal processes. If you like learning about new technologies and coming up with innovative solutions to meet dynamic privacy needs, then this role is for you!
- Develop approaches to complying with global data protection law through pragmatic approaches in partnering with various stakeholder teams (sales, marketing, security compliance, business systems, and others) and understanding how to manage and prioritize business needs and risk.
- Familiarity with global data protection law and associated frameworks (GDPR, CCPA, APEC CBPR, HIPAA, AICPA Privacy Maturity Model, NIST frameworks, ISO frameworks, etc.).
- Translating and communicating complex privacy topics in simple terms for business stakeholders.
- Communicating and project managing privacy asks from different teams and helping to facilitate what’s needed.
- Helping to create a more scalable and world-class privacy program, including ongoing improvement of privacy maturity and privacy metrics.
- Understanding our products and approach to privacy, including explaining how we handle privacy at Okta to customers and other stakeholders.
- Managing and organizing privacy programs and compliance frameworks, including liaising with third party privacy auditors.
- Working with our procurement and vendor assurance teams to ensure privacy risk alignment.
- Manage privacy training across the organization and ensure our team has top-notch privacy awareness and education on privacy by design and OS best practices.
- Work with Okta legal and policy stakeholders to help influence privacy and data protection policy, laws, regulations, and frameworks.
- Manage our integrations with privacy software vendors to make sure Okta’s privacy processes can operate at scale.
- Liaise with Engineering on open source and third-party software compliance.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle any task, big or small, including managing internal and external privacy requests.
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional environment
- BA or BS degree; JD or other advanced degree in information policy, management, or public policy preferred
- IAPP Certification (CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT) or CISA (or willingness to obtain one type of certification within 6 months of joining)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.