Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission of "Unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind everything we do. We have developed well-known products (Jira, Confluence, Trello etc ...), that fit in the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams, and the processes to help every team succeed. Our Team Playbook includes some of the best practices to maximize the potential of every team and is used by our customers as well as those who have never used in Atlassian product.
The CTO Ops groups mission is to enable the CTO Organization to move faster by identifying, driving and owning initiatives that will accelerate our success and scale. We wake up thinking how can we move from good to great; what systems, processes, rituals, rhythms, tools or technology can we establish as consistent normalized systems at scale? We consistently seek to improve and innovate. We lead programs and liaise with partners across the business to ensure we execute on opportunities for increased speed, integration and impact. We ensure accountability not just for our own team but for the entire CTO Org.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Identify, define and own the end to end success of the technology organisation's operational processes
- Deep dive into the root cause of operational inefficiencies and apply a strategic approach to solutions
- Partner with key Engineering leaders and other partner teams to identify new initiatives, and define clear goals and success criteria
- Align and drive team members across the Engineering organization to translate these goals into reality and successful outcomes
- Routinely exercise continuous improvement, to get the most out of teams
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A passion for operations and demonstrated experience in operationalizing processes, systems or practices at scale
- Experience or background in running both technical and business programs
- Ability to wear multiple hats and context-switch frequently and seamlessly
- Aptitude to balance trade-offs as you influence teams toward successful end product(s).
- Experience and passion in learning new technologies.
- Knack for building alliances and partnerships across the business as you find creative solutions to high visibility questions.
- Eager and able to soar at strategic levels as well as dive deeply into details (rolling up your sleeves) in order to deliver concrete outcomes
- Outstanding track record with cross functional partners: people love to work with you!
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Atlassian knowledge or DNA.
- Experience in change management, culture evolution and org development.
- Passion for building and scaling at high-growth companies with a distributed work style.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .