Operations Strategy Program Manager at Motional
Motional is seeking an Operations Strategy Program Manager to help define and build the future of transportation. As a key member of our Deployments team, this individual will answer important cross-functional questions around the scalability and support of autonomous vehicles in cities globally. You will work closely with stakeholders from across our Engineering, Product, Operations, and Strategy organizations as well as stakeholders from our exciting list of external ride-hailing and delivery partners as you craft and implement new strategies for deploying large fleets of autonomous vehicles. Specific projects might include vehicle charging optimization, depot network strategy, process design for driverless operations, and research on industry trends and technologies.
The broader Deployments team that you would be joining is responsible for the execution of major commercial initiatives including:
- Launching or significantly expanding a market;
- Launching or significantly expanding a product or service; and,
- Launching or significantly expanding a partnership.
As Motional pursues the launch of our autonomous driving technology across multiple sectors and markets, the Deployments team will play a growing role in the design, structure, and eventual success of our commercial operations. We’re looking for candidates that are excited about delivering this future vision of safe, autonomous mobility.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing new strategies and processes to support a fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Conducting research into new technologies and tools (e.g. autonomous systems, electric charging, sensor calibration, fleet monitoring, etc.)
- Synthesizing complex topics into clear viewpoints and recommendations
- Working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement solutions
- Supporting live pilots (e.g. project management, product testing, data analysis, etc.)
- Building clear written (i.e. documents) and visual (i.e. slides) materials to support your work
- Identifying gaps and obstacles in strategic and operational plans for scaling autonomous vehicles
- Cultivating relationships with subject matter experts, vendors, and partners
- Contributing to the future of autonomous mobility
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
- Professional experience in operations, strategy, technology development, program management or related role
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, software, and robotic systems
- Experience working across diverse technical and operational teams
- Ability to work through ambiguous landscapes to define the core problem and design a solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to lead and influence others at all levels, including peers through senior management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally occasionally (as travel restrictions eventually allow)
- Passion for Autonomy and Mobility
Bonus points (not required):
- Advanced degree in related technical field and/or MBA
- Experience with autonomous systems, fleet management, ride-hailing or electric vehicles
- Experience in a high-growth/rapidly changing industry and environment, such as high-tech startup
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.