Operations Program Manager, Transformations & Platform at Atlassian
At Atlassian we believe in the power of teamwork. Our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team through open work. Do you thrive on making high performing leadership teams hum? Do you have experience driving a powerful operational strategy, and a knack for keeping busy senior leaders accountable and productive? Then this read on - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Atlassian is seeking a driven and well rounded Ops Program Manager to provide strategic support to the Transformations & Platform team to extend their reach and capacity, reporting to the Head of Transformations & Platform.
We move fast in Programs & Practices, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who has the ability to see around corners and anticipating issues before they arise.
We'll be looking to you to help us prioritise, focus and create flow across our leadership team with a multiplying effect broader into Atlassian Platform, Operations & Transformations group. You'll excel at context switching as you prioritise and juggle multiple ops projects (and moving them rapidly along), all while keeping calm under pressure.
More about Practices and Programs
The program managers and coaches that make up Atlassian's Programs & Practices team draw from a mixture of disciplines-but all of them are change agents, curating and communicating the practices that inspire and guide our best work.
The role of the team may be complex, but their influence is clear and threefold: First, PgMs lead strategic planning for teams across Atlassian, bringing programs to completion and driving results. Second, PgMs bring their experiences back to the group and partner with the Practices folks to collectively hone the craft- and define the way work gets done across the whole company. Third, all of this knowledge makes its way into Atlassian's products, ultimately transforming work for our customers around the world. P&P's experienced, collaborative, and organised team helps us make a difference in highly visible, strategic projects.
Programs & Practices group sits within Transformation, Operations & Platform org with the mission to unify and accelerate company-wide transformations, raise the bar on operational excellence and supercharging Atlassian's ability to get (the right) shit done. This group forms the backbone connecting planning and execution across Atlassian, driving operational excellence all the way from when we form corporate strategy to when we deliver real results to our customers.
The craft of program management | Atlassian
In this role, you'll be:
- Strategic partner: You'll be the strategic partner to the Head of Transformations & Platform, this will mean being a trusted sounding board for decisions, consolidating requests and making recommendations or stepping in for them at meetings.
- Love operations: Elevate our Transformations & Platform leadership team through creating flow across our team ceremonies, driving quality across our process, planning, goal setting and tracking (specifically, OKRs), and other critical components to our operational muscle. Organise and facilitate fortnightly team sessions, monthly and quarterly reviews, annual planning, and team offsites.
- Proactively drive projects forward: As a trusted extension of the Head of Transformations & Platform, you'll take on driving key projects and initiatives that are critical to the function. This will include cross-cutting project management with stakeholders that sit in many different parts of Atlassian (SBO, FP&A, People Team etc).
- Aggregator - company level goals and reporting: Collaborate with our PgM leaders to sweep, coordinate company readouts, supporting our Head of Transformations & Platform on the tracking, forecasting and facilitation at monthly ExecOps forums.
- Own the day to day: Making sure that the Transformations & Platform Leadership team's time is spent in the most impactful areas by triaging meeting requests and running meetings effectively.
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- 5+ years of experience of Program or Project Management, Operations, or similar.
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- You'll need to be driven to turn the chaos rapidly to clarity and then communicate it clearly.
- Someone with a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one's own assumptions.
- A real people person. Someone who can communicate well with stakeholders from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .