Chewy is hiring a Program Manager of FC Design to support our North American fulfillment center network. If you are excited about being part of a team that uses big data to drive step function improvement and revolutionize e-commerce fulfillment then this opportunity is for you. Chewy is proud to offer competitive benefits, Leadership Development Programs, Rapid career growth potential, and Employee incentives.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, improve, and innovate order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the supply chain network.
- Manage, design, and implement integrated automation projects with system elements such as high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines and/or robotic work cells.
- Analyze business & operations requirements to generate supply chain automation concepts, develop and present multiple solution options.
- Lead system commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses, and reporting results.
- Identify the materials to be handled and determine the throughput and storage requirements.
- Model flow of materials to be handled and determine throughput and storage requirements.
- Specify storage solutions based on cubic space need, product velocity, and cycle time goals.
- Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design and process problems.
- Identify and communicate needs for design and process improvements.
- Identify & evaluate supply chain automation & robotics technologies and solution providers.
- Create process requirement and efficient material flows for the supply chain facility layout.
- Prepare RFPs (Request for Proposal), respond to questions, lead reviews, and compare/ tabulate bids and make vendor recommendations based on technical qualifications.
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations and facility teams.
- Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
- Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
- Thoroughly document/investigate change requests and provide recommendations.
- Develop cross-functional knowledge of Start-Up team systems, processes, procedures, and tools.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fulfillment center layout/design.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading large scale cross functional projects.
- A proven track record of converting simulation model output into real world solutions.
- Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects.
- Demonstrated design and/or implementation with integrated automation solutions, such as complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines, and manufacturing lines.
- Requires good quantitative and analytical skills; this role caters to someone that loves to solve difficult and complex problems.
- General knowledge of Distribution & Fulfillment operations with understanding of day to day workings and strategic Network planning.
- Experienced in MS Office applications and an expert level proficiency with AutoCad is required.
- Ability to work in both a team environment or independently, and comfortable handling ambiguity. Passion for reaching out and finding answers on your own.
- Able to handle a fast-paced, changing environment workplace
- Able to meet tight deadlines while supporting various projects
- Able to communicate clearly and boil down complex topics into clear problem definitions with data-driven recommendations that drive company-wide decisions.
- Ability to listen to and understand requirements that are non-technical in nature and turn them into technical specifications
- Able to easily communicate to a variety of stakeholders, at all levels, from our associates working on projects and executing product moves up to VPs deciding on large scale projects, investments, and building designs.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]