Agile Project Manager IV at MineralTree, a Global Payments Company (Atlanta, GA)
Leads cross-functional teams to provide agile-based project deliverables and facilitates the team's work to accelerate delivery of business value by ensuring adherence to Scrum methodologies and processes. Facilitates internal and external communication, removes impediments, and serves as the intermediary between multiple product owners, managers, and team members. Using strong communication, facilitates the project team through the Scrum process of Release Planning, Sprint Planning for multiple product owners, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. Sets the example for Agile methods based upon the designated principles and ensures they are understood and exercised consistently within the team.
What Part Will You Play?
- Effectively informs and negotiates with senior management on issues related to the Scrum process. Assess patterns of impediments, process challenges and engage team through Retrospective for improvements. Guides and develops clear Sprint standards while keeping team engaged and on task. Holds team accountable to Scrum values and practices. Applies advanced analysis and problem resolution skills to identify root cause to complex sources of impediments. Creates a team environment by establishing trust and transparency through collaboration and communication while preserving the Agile culture and restoring confidence.
- Drives a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation. Engages team to make sure stories and other project deliverables to the platform team are of sufficient quality and provided in a timely manner. Supports team building and team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture. Initiates, builds and maintains positive relationships with IT and internal customers to ensure effective completion of project work. Drives process measurement automation through tools. Creates visibility of progress, roadblocks, risks and process adherence through dashboards/tools to engage team and stakeholders for everyday action.
- Displays broad business and technical knowledge while partnering with development leads for capacity planning and resource allocation in all Agile tools. Guards and shields the team(s) from distractions and interruptions from external interferences.
- Promotes continuous team improvement, measures the team and helps the team and individuals measure themselves to be more productive and to produce higher quality products. Ensures quality and completeness of the product through unit, integration, and regression capabilities. Educates team, project office and management on Agile software principles and practices. Has a strong understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented.
- Uses expert analysis and problem resolution skills to identify complex and infrequent sources of impediments. Inspires creative solutions that identify the true source of impediments and demonstrates skills to remove impediments impacting the team.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a related field of study from an accredited university. Additional related TSYS experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Experience Required
- Project management experience preferably within an established IT project management office or serving as a project manager for an Information Technology department. Minimum of 4 years Agile experience.
- Certified Scrum Master and other Agile project management certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP)
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Extensive knowledge of Agile approaches including XP and Kanban. Previous experience with Agile tools and techniques including User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Agile Games.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Communication - Has expert communication, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Has expert time management skills to effectively manage competing priorities. Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities.
- Issue Resolution - Has expert negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve unusual and complex issues within and external to the team.