Looking for a technology job where you can do good and do well? Level Access, Inc. helps companies design and enhance their digital systems - including websites, web applications, software, hardware, and services - so they are usable by people with disabilities. Our work allows organizations to provide equal access through software, training, and consulting solutions.
- Test Set Definition – You will work with the client to determine the boundaries of the testing environment. The Accessibility Consultant will identify a representative test set of the user interface components found in the client’s system.
- Testing – You will test client’s systems against specific manual tests and assistive technology tools. The Accessibility Consultant will enter test results into AMP (Accessibility Management Platform) – the industry’s first on-demand solution that integrates the business and technical aspects of complying with regulations, such as Section 508, the ADA, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- Reporting – You will deliver testing results to the client and will participate in conference calls and follow-up discussions in order to create a road map to improve the accessibility and usability of the client’s IT system.
- Technical Consultation – You will consult with customers on the proper methods for implementing digital accessibility in systems. This will span a variety of web, mobile, hardware and document systems.
- Business Process Consultation – You will work with customers to consult on the process implementation approach for accessibility in the client’s environment.
- Communicative - You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with clients in both written and verbal fashion. Written communication should show a high attention to detail. Verbal communication should be formal and indicate the ability to communicate complex topics concisely. Our consulting positions are on the front-line with our customers and it is imperative that you inspire confidence when speaking with customers.
- Testing Focus - A large portion of what we do involves testing interfaces and validating that they conform to technical requirements. A desire to perform this validation and experience testing web-based interfaces for compliance with design specifications is critical.
- Organized and Disciplined - Level Access has a culture of disciplined execution over a long period of time. We seek to hire and advance people that have this focus and can execute activities on their own, over a long period of time without a large amount of management oversight. A candidate that will succeed in this environment should have a desire to grow in the system over several years and seek to build towards big goals.
- Excellence Focused - At Level Access, we have been successful because we constantly seek to be the best in our market across all the products and services we provide. Think the Ritz Carlton, not the Holiday Inn. In practice, that means we both charge more and invest more, with the end goal of providing far more value per dollar spent than our competitors. It also means that we focus on a very high level of quality and hold ourselves accountable for delivering against that level of quality.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS degree in technology or equivalent work
- Accessibility knowledge a huge plus
Certification/Credentials a PLUS:
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
This is a full-time salaried position with a competitive benefits package, including bonus opportunities and unlimited vacation/FTO. Salary is commensurate with experience. The role is being offered as a remote role in the US or Canada. Please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
Level Access is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer. Copyright 2021, Level Access. All rights reserved.