FIGS is looking for an awesome Web Merchandiser to join our E-commerce Team for our category. The Web Merchandiser will be responsible for the site experience, using an art and science approach. This role will work cross-functionally with our merchandising and product teams, as well as marketing and creative to ensure the product story comes to life online. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a knack for being extremely organized and takes a strong analytical approach to problem-solving, and will strive to use these skills to understand our customers and their experience on the FIGS site.What you’ll do:
- Merchandise the website daily - collection pages, product pages, search results, etc.
- Work with Site Coordinator to ensure timely upload of all products and accuracy of copy, images, pricing, etc.
- Use data to inform product listing order on collection pages and continually re-arrange based on selling and performance
- Curate assortments to support featured stories and additional promotional emails
- Manage PDP upsell and cross-sell suggestions as well as social proof; suggest copy optimizations to improve selling
- Review Search data and curate SERP and No Results pages
- Consistently look for site bugs/issues and relay to Product Team
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to Leadership to identify business opportunities
- Leverage site analytics to understand performance and customer interactions with our brand, categories, and other assortments
- Review buy plans, selling data and web analytics to determine merchandising strategy
- Suggest optimizations for personalizing and differentiating the site experience
- Partner with product, creative and marketing teams on landing pages, homepages, editorial assets, etc. Provide insight on the product story and inventory availability.
- Review competitor websites of best in class retailers to inspire the FIGS experience; proactively share ideas and optimizations
- Maintaining a mobile-first mentality while balancing the visual needs of the desktop experience.
- Ensure smooth evening product launches, coordinating with Product and Engineering teams.
- 2-6 years of working at a e-commerce brand in merchandising role, digital experience required
- Prior experience in fashion, apparel, or athleisure a major plus
- Experience with Headless Commerce (Contentful CMS + Shopify), and Nosto a plus
- Comfort in analyzing e-commerce data and deriving insights. Experience with data platforms (Looker, Heap) a plus
- A passion for online shopping and being able to put yourself in the shoes our customer
- An understanding of what makes for a best in class website and app and how to story tell product in an engaging way
- Display attention to detail and possess the organizational skills required to manage numerous projects and deliverables
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; external and internal collaboration
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- An entrepreneurial mentality; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet goals
- A self-starter. You’re self-motivated, highly proactive and demonstrate an ability to work autonomously.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A team player. Someone who has a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, integrity, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome (like our scrubs)
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.