Technical Product Manager, Platform Services at ReCharge Payments
We’re looking for a teammate who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
Recharge operates at a very large scale and we are still growing at an incredible pace. That means we need to ensure that our merchants have the resources they need to execute their business operations. And we need to do that in an efficient manner using the latest in cloud technologies. Think data caching solutions, event streaming frameworks, workflow engines, and recommendation engines backed by machine learning. This is what we do everyday within our Platform Services group.
Our stack includes: Python, Google Cloud Platform, GCP Functions, GCP Pub/Sub, Firestore, Cloud Storage
What you’ll do
- Product Manager for a platform team consisting of 4-8 software engineers and QA
- Proactively recognize and assess the need for scalable platform capabilities working with other engineering and product teams, product operations, and other stakeholders
- Understand a merchant’s business needs and recognize how platform services can help meet them
- Write clear product specifications that provide enough detail for your engineering team to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver in a timely manner with high quality
- Facilitate and work in a kanban (agile) environment with daily stand-ups, weekly grooming and planning sessions.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all groups in the organization over the entire product development lifecycle from requirements gathering to release to rollout training
- Break down complex platform features into digestible concepts for stakeholders outside product and engineering.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and you'll get to do much more as the company grows.
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
What you'll bring
- Typically, 5+ years of technical product management and/or software developer experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Track record of launching products rapidly on a SaaS platform with a large number of customers
- 3+ years experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product
- Experience owning and delivering highly scalable platform features such as data caching, pub/sub, event streaming, and/or workflow engines.
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to read if/else statements, JSON, and API documentation
- Dynamic problem solving skills and a love for figuring out solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.