Data is a big deal at Atlassian. The Corporate data engineering team is responsible for managing multiple analytical data models, data pipelines, and Enterprise BI products for teams across Atlassian. We ingest data in Atlassian's data lake and build creative and reliable analytics data model that provides a unified way of analyzing our customers, our products, our operations and the interactions among them.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Data Engineering team with a specific focus on Corporate functions such as Finance, People, Legal and M&A. Come and join our efforts in unlocking the value of data through democratization at scale and build exceptional and trusted data products for the company. You will work to understand and explore the needs of business analysts, accountants, data scientists, and product teams. By then combining this understanding with knowledge of data engineering you can then define a vision and develop/execute a roadmap. You will also dive in to Atlassian's data lake to utilize and contribute to services that are desirable, scalable, secured, and trusted destination for usage by engineers, analysts, data scientists, and business functions.
There is no shortage of new opportunities to leverage data and to integrate data or applications to enhance business value. You will be expected to partner with business stakeholders on crafting a roadmap that delivers value regularly. Lastly, proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends to guide business partners on emerging opportunities.
More about you
You will be expected to drive projects in an agile way, work to transform ambiguous asks to structured requirements, and become a trusted partner with business teams. Partner and work closely with engineering team to translate product requirements into actionable deliverables.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of data product management experience, ideally at a fast-paced growing company
- Proven track record of partnering with business teams in setting the vision for data needs and translating it into a product roadmap and end-to-end execution
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data pipeline design, experience in writing SQL, even better if you are proficient in spark
- Extensive experience with querying and data visualization tools
- Deep understanding of the Finance business functions/processes namely FP&A, Revenue, Tax, Procurement
- Experience working with Finance technology stack (Ex: Netsuite, RevPro, Coupa)
- Craft and execute on a product backlog, balancing innovation with maintenance and support
- Develop and defend strong points of view with data and analytics
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization. You'll make sure everyone is on the same page and love to work with you!
- Self-awareness with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
- Experience working with People technology stack(Ex: Workday, Lever) is a plus
- Prior experience working for a SAAS company
- Worked with structured, unstructured, and graph data
- BE/BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT, or operations; Masters or MBA preferred
- Strong technical background - you're a PM by trade, but love geeking out over phenomenal technical ideas from time to time
Nice to haves:
More about our team
The Data Engineering team is responsible for running multiple analytical data models and data pipelines all across Atlassian, including finance, growth, product analysis, customer support, sales, marketing, etc. There are endless growth opportunities. We maintain Atlassian's data lake and build creative and reliable analytics data models that provide a unified way of analyzing our customers, our products, our operations and the interactions among them.
You'll be joining a team that is self-motivated and very direct. We ask the hard questions and challenge each other to improve our work constantly. We're all about enabling growth by delivering the right data and insights in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .