DocSend, a Dropbox company, is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Our 24,000 customers rely on us to send documents or folders with a single link, track who’s interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed. From founders to sales teams, we power the most important documents while delivering unparalleled security and control.
As a Software Engineer on the DocSend Trust Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our customers can trust us to keep them and their data safe and secure. We are a new team that strives to elevate operational standards for security, data privacy, and compliance across the entire company, and we work very closely with other Dropbox engineering teams and cross-functional partners to align on these standards. Our team highly values customer focus, ownership, and continuous improvement – you’ll thrive in our team if you enjoy advocating for customers, and having the opportunity to innovate and make a huge impact quickly.
Technologies we work with include a Ruby on Rails web app running on Heroku with a PostgreSQL DB, Redis, background workers, Elasticsearch, and some AWS services like S3 and DynamoDB. Our frontend is built with React, CoffeeScript, Haml, and LESS.
- Take ownership of delivering features end-to-end
- Research, architect, and implement engineering solutions that build customer trust
- Act as a subject matter expert on security, data privacy, and compliance
- Partner and collaborate with other functions and teams across both Dropbox and DocSend to establish and drive operational excellence
- Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
- Act as a mentor throughout the software development process
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply! It's impossible for one person to check every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with strong problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of shipping impactful features, end-to-end
- Experience or interest in security, data privacy, and compliance
- Bonus: Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails experience