Senior Technical Product Manager at Salesloft (Remote)
Job Title: Senior Technical Product Manager
Location: Remote - US
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
SalesLoft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on SalesLoft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our Organizational Health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Product Managers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Product Management team, building innovative, industry-leading products and experiences (specifically data-related) for our customers.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to drive innovation through cutting-edge product processes and product development technologies. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager who wants to learn more, do more and become more as we create beautiful customer experiences. We take technical objectives and combine them with insight into user problems we are uniquely suited to solve. The result: well-articulated product concepts, formulated with clear goals and benefits.
But that’s just the beginning. We’re the ones responsible for bringing together engineers, designers, and departments from around the company to ensure that our product is useful, delightful, and timely. And we release quality features 5-6 times per day, so our Product Managers love the fast pace, but more importantly, they love our 3,000+ customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for managing a highly collaborative, incredibly talented product delivery team by leading feature identification, prioritizing requirements, and defining product roadmaps that drive business goals and strategies. You'll be working on our Platform & Governance Pod. You’ll collaborate with talented Software Engineers supporting our platform permissions and access control capabilities – helping users better govern user roles and logins, application permissioning, and data access. Additionally, you will make access controls extensible across our products.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Product Manager at SalesLoft is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s Product Management team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Product professionals who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Product Management team consists of highly motivated individuals who have a passion for building high-quality software that scales. They are deeply empathetic to serving the needs of our customers, understanding their points, and relentlessly prioritizing the most important work to serve them. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 3+ years of product management experience, delivering B2B SaaS products to market
- Experience working with complex technical products and are comfortable with topics like: database design, complex SQL queries, product integration and API design
- Experience with access controls and user management paradigms
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy.
- Ability to distill complex requirements requests into easy-to-understand features and phases for delivery
- Experienced in working collaboratively to create, refine, and scope requirements with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and articulate written requirements and feature documentation
- Ability to effectively maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories, features and defects in a fast paced environment
- Consistently using data to drive decisions and evaluate the success of features and overall health of the product
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization within and outside of the company
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A deep commitment to engaging and empowering the technologists who build our software.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Learn SalesLoft’s core product development processes. Observe and understand our specific development processes and how features move through the development cycle.
- Onboard and learn development software stack (ie: Jira, Productboard, Confluence, etc.). Understand how they relate to the overall product life cycle.
- Effectively translate requirements into user stories with acceptance criteria. Identify requirement gaps needed for upcoming features. Groom and review the backlog with the team during planning sessions. Consult with development team, stakeholders, internal teams, and customers to gather feedback on upcoming features.
- Learn internal product processes such as Win/Loss interviews, customer interviews, and customer feedback processes.
- Shadow SalesLofters across the organization to understand how they use SalesLoft and SalesLoft’s processes.
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the SalesLoft team, and delve into your product area
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Successfully lead a development scrum team by running planning meetings, attending retrospectives and daily standups. Fully own the team backlog and identify high value features that align to the product vision. Leads requirements gathering effort on upcoming epics.
- Work closely with designers and engineering leads to scope complexity of upcoming features. Understand technical complexity when approaching epics and larger initiatives. Understand tradeoffs of time to build vs value to the customer. Able to communicate and negotiate tradeoffs with stakeholders to drive prioritization.
- Identify and scope appropriate MVP feature sets as they relate to the larger efforts of the product team.
- Write and communicate release documentation highlighting the customer pain point and the end solution.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for Product Leadership and internal stakeholders
- Identify key success metrics for a product surface and take ownership for evangelizing the surface with all SalesLoft stakeholders.
- Conduct product feedback interviews with customers to solicit and gather feedback on existing features, as well as speak to new features coming up in development.
- Become certified in presenting the Product Vision to customers. Become comfortable talking about product vision with external stakeholders.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a subject matter expert in your product area, both internal stakeholders and externally with customers.
- Mentor junior members of the team, setting an example for Product Owners and motivating new team members.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of various cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.