Senior Product Researcher (Remote) at Informa
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.Job Description
Informa Markets creates platforms for specialist markets to connect, trade, innovate and grow. We operate over 500 major, branded exhibitions where buyers and sellers working in a specialist market can meet, see and experience products, conduct business and build relationships. We also provide a range of online solutions based on data and expert content that connect and engage businesses year-round.
The role of senior product researcher will be instrumental to the digital transformation journey of Informa Markets in Asia, as we are transitioning from an in-person event business to a solution provider providing multi-channeled market access where digital plays a critical role. A key part of our transformation is to create world-class digital products and solutions answering to the fast-changing market needs, which requires strong customer insight and product innovation.
The ideal candidate shall be an experienced research professional with a heart for innovation. He/she will work across multiple verticals in the region and with different stakeholders of the organization to guide digital innovation in the lens of market and customer insights.
This role reports to VP, Product Management APAC and can be based out of Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hong Kong or Shanghai / Beijing.
· Be responsible for collecting and reporting important industry insights for key verticals such as food & beverage, beauty and jewelry from primary and secondary sources, on structural shifts, roles of different players, consumer trends etc.
· Create quantitative and qualitative research strategies and design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations to estimate the value and scope of new and existing products and generate valuable solution hypotheses for testing
· Collaborate with product managers, developers, and business team to turn insights and identified digital product opportunities into hypothesis testing via rapid prototyping, usability testing etc.
· Help embed research and design into our product development process and decision-making, from development and evolution of methodologies, to establishing research SOPs for product development
· Lead the customer discovery practice for the region by establishing critical research framework and best practice, and guiding different project teams with training and consultation
· Advocate for research-based decision-making to senior stakeholdersQualifications
· Degree holder with minimum 5 years of working experience in market research, consulting, product management, product marketing or UX research
· Experience creating, executing and analyzing user and product research, with demonstrated success using research tactics tailored to specific vertical needs to make impactful business recommendations
· Deep and practical familiarity with human centered design processes, including: the jobs to be done framework, personas, ethnography
· Experience planning, developing and conducting complex user research and testing projects, and ability to build and scale these processes in the midst of uncertainty
· Ability to influence others and communicate to different levels of seniority, both in structured and unstructured way
· Prefer prior experience in retail products and certain familiarity with eCommerce, digital media, and technology industry
· Proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese, knowing any ASEAN local language is a strong plusAdditional Information
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.