Senior Product Manager - Rider Pricing at Uber
About the role:
The Rider Pricing team develops Uber's rider pricing technology and sets Uber's pricing strategy to accelerate the growth and profitability of the Mobility business. As Product Manager, you'll partner with enormously talented engineers, data scientists, and designers to push the frontiers of machine learning, data science, and economics as you develop highly reliable and scalable pricing systems. Rider Pricing is a part of the broader Marketplace team (https://marketplace.uber.com/) which is at the core of Uber's business: managing and optimizing the interaction between Riders, Drivers, and Uber. The Rider Pricing team has a significant impact on Uber's mobility business and has significant visibility among top executives. In this role, you will work very closely with cross-functional leaders in strategy, finance, marketing, policy, legal, and operations to ensure our products support the needs of our global business.
What you'll do:
- Work across the full Rider Pricing tech team to develop the vision and roadmap for Rider Pricing systems at Uber
- Lead the teams' data-driven decision making; collect whatever data and research insights are necessary to inform product direction
- Partner with engineering and data science to manage the full development process from design, through development, to experimentation and launch
- Oversee experimentation and roll-out of new pricing capabilities, models, and infrastructure.
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber
- Collaborate with other Marketplace PMs to define and lead the interaction of Rider Pricing with Marketplace systems
- Partner with operations, finance, and marketing team to lead all aspects of the daily operations of Uber's Rider Pricing platform
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Product Management or similar role demonstrating product thinking and delivering successful and innovative products
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Leadership and communication. Proven ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- Academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics, or engineering highly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.