Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role:
As a Senior Product Manager leading the mobile experience for the main page in Angi’s mobile app experience, you will be a key member of Angi’s Product team. You will be responsible for leading the product vision and roadmap for the home/explore app experience and related user journeys that improve and differentiate the overall app experience, encourage repeat use of the app and repeat projects, on both iOS and Android platforms, for our millions of homeowners & home service professionals. You’ll work closely with partners in different product and business lines to create cohesive experiences within the app.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a product vision and mobile roadmap that is aligned with the long-term vision of the company, while delivering immediate impact on targeted business objectives
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to incorporate customer needs into product decisions
- Foster a strong idea pipeline that taps the expertise of your partners across Angi as well as your own team.
- Translate upcoming product roadmap backlog into requirements documents (specs) with clear prioritization among features
- Develop rough storyboards to clarify the end-to-end user experience and benefits (functional and emotional)
- Evangelize the product vision and motivate team-members critical to the product’s success
- Work with engineering and design on your team to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly
- Develop and execute against feature release plans, removing roadblocks to ensure forward progress
- Review wireframes and design mocks, and provide feedback and approval to product designers
- Ensure product is QA’d to standard before release
- Coordinate with marketing, CX, ops, legal, BI and finance to ensure successful product rollout, communications and adoption
- Run weekly initiative meetings, communicating changes in feature requirements and release schedules openly to leadership team, and escalating critical decisions
- Measure and report on product adoption and impact, and use data to recommend feature enhancements
Who you are:
- An app expert: you eat, sleep and breathe mobile apps and know how to leverage the right advantages of native iOS and Android platforms to drive engagement, habit and action from users.
- A personalization expert: you seek to understand the psychology and behavior of users and have experience tailoring user journeys to develop healthy and valuable user habits;
- Fiercely competitive: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve the lives of our customers and our pros. You aren’t easily knocked down
- A data expert: you can analyze and understand large data sets and filter out the noise, distilling the complex to be simple. You can use this data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- An inventor: you can come in and define a program from scratch, build a plan, and drive
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and
are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+Ls
Skills and Experiences needed for success:
- 4+ years of product management experience with 1-2+ years of mobile app product management experience at a consumer tech company
- BA/BS in an analytical field such as economics, math, computer science preferred; masters degree is a bonus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solver with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Experience and comfort talking to users to identify pain points
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- A proven track record of planning and shipping successful products
- Technical experience: you must understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make
- An attention to detail and an eye for design
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
- Familiarity with self-serve product analytics and using Excel, Looker, Mixpanel or other product analytics tools
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $100,000-$175,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world