It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!Job SummaryBread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company. We offer simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions.
Bread Financial has enormous and engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, and approve and price credit while providing a beautiful and frictionless consumer experience, all in real time. Our product team is seasoned, talented, agile, and quickly growing. We are looking to hire a Senior Product Manager to join the current product team in continuing to build out our core platform, product, and teams.
You will be part of our Growth & Support team focused on easing the adaptability and consumption of our services for Bread Financial's partners and merchants. This includes designing frameworks & strategies for delivery and upkeep of integrations with new third parties, defining which eCommerce platforms and in-store payment experiences to support and in what manner, and assisting with the launch of new product offerings. The solutions implemented by the Growth & Support squad are critical to our merchant and partner experience, as they are often the first experience that they will have with Bread Financial, setting the tone for all future engagements. Job Description
Your Role at Bread Financial:
- Lead work streams and cross-functional teams on new merchant integrations and strategic initiatives related to the Bread Financial in-store buyer and merchant experience, Bread Financial ecommerce merchant integrations, and upgrades to our platform. Includes product discovery/research, requirements definition and prioritization, product development, and implementation and monitoring
- Engage with key partners / merchants to deliver on best in class lending solutions and own relationships with our external partners and development vendors
- Keep up to date on the evolution of the eCommerce platform and in-store payment spaces to inform the team on relevant updates, functionality or shifts that we may need to react to or take advantage of
- Collaborate with the other Product and Engineering teams (e.g. Shop, Merchant, Member), as well as key stakeholders (e.g.Data Engineering/Analytics, Merchant Success, Servicing Operations, and Partnerships teams) to gather requirements and feature requests for future releases
- Write strong Product Requirements Documents and User Stories to anchor your Squad and cross-functional partners in those opportunities
- Establish project-specific release cycles and communicate to stakeholders about upcoming releases and importance level
- Collaborate with other Product and Engineering teams to build enhancements to our current product controls and ensure appropriate risk safeguards are in place
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of product management experience (Experience working in e-commerce, fintech or payments and experience working in B2B2C is a plus)
- Efficient project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and communicate results
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Engineering partners and other key stakeholders (e.g. Design, Data Engineering/Analytics, Legal/Compliance, Servicing Operations, and other Product teams)
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships and alignment internally and externally, as well as an ability to quickly distill core issues into succinct and tailored messages for audiences across all management levels
- Technically knowledgeable and strong understanding of and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) (strong understanding of/experience with externally facing API integrations is a plus)
- Being able to foresee/predict potential challenges and obstacles and being able to handle them effectively
- Optimism, curiosity, kindness and a strong sense of urgency
Nice to have:
- Experience working in distributed teams and in regulated industries.
- Experience in the eCommerce space, lending space and/or with in-store payment experiences
Disclosure of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment except where prohibited by applicable law. Starting January 2022 and to the extent allowed by applicable law, the Company will require all associates who will be on-site or who will travel or interact with others in person as part of their job duties to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo at least weekly testing. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider reasonable accommodations where required by applicable law.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally-enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded payment, lending and saving products.
Formerly Alliance Data, Bread Financial is an S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and committed to sustainable business practices powered by its 6,000+ global associates.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company empowering customers with simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions for customers and consumer-based industries in North America.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected]