Senior Group Product Manager, Enterprise Cloud Trust at Atlassian
The Enterprise team at Atlassian is transforming how companies adopt Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Atlassian's Enterprise Trust team is responsible for building and nurturing customer confidence in both their employees daily usage of our products and the data with which they entrust Atlassian. The team also obtains assurances for that trust via compliance and certification. While particularly relevant to our largest customers and those in highly regulated industries, we expect the Enterprise Trust team to take a holistic approach to trust, meaning:
1. They will collaborate with other functional areas (performance and reliability, security, ecosystem, etc) and non-functional areas (purchasing, legal, sales and go-to-market).
2. They will consider the needs of Atlassian's entire customer base, from small teams adopting their first product to the Fortune 100.
In this role you will get to:
- Build, nurture, and guide a team of product managers who can lead our investments in trusted change, data management, and data classification and controls.
- Forge deep partnerships with Atlassian's legal and compliance experts to develop a product roadmap that delivers key compliance certifications in a sustainable, platform-centric, and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with teams across Atlassian like cloud infrastructure, IT, commerce, and support to establish a shared understanding of enterprise trust and help them meet specific obligations.
- Work directly with customers across geographies and industries to understand how Atlassian can earn and maintain their trust, and enabling Atlassian's go-to-market and field teams to communicate our investments and reinforce that trust.
In your first year you will:
- Develop a comprehensive vision and strategy for the team, with specific attention to how we define "trust", how we measure and improve it over time, the specific product investments we make to achieve it, and how it supports Atlassian's company mission and goals.
- Unify the team around that vision and strategy, establish a shared purpose and sense of team cohesion, while identifying future investment areas for the team going forward.
- Establish a healthy cadence of delivering new and improved capabilities to customers around change preparedness and management, data storage, backup, restore, portability, classification, and controls.
- Lead Atlassian's cross-functional efforts to achieve compliance in the health care and financial services industries, while laying the groundwork for future efforts to support US, EU, UK, Australian and Canadian government customers.
On your first day, we'll expect you have:
- Extensive product management experience, ideally with previous experience in B2B SaaS products
- Prior experience hiring, growing, and mentoring teams of product manager and group product managers
- Proven technical fluency to understand and deliver on enterprise requirements
- True obsession for customers - you go out of your way to talk to customers and solve their problems because it's what gets you out of bed in the morning, even if it means a tough conversation
- Experience developing a high-level product strategy and roadmap that can span multiple years, gaining buy-in to executive leadership, and rallying a cross-functional team behind it
- A willingness to wade into the gnarly decisions to help your team get stuff done
- A track record of building relationships and influencing all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build a compelling business case for new opportunities
- Experience leading a global team
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.