Senior Director, Product Management - Client Operations at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
We are looking for a Senior Director of Product to play a key role in the Client Operations Product Management team. This product leader is part of our SSMD team, and significantly contributes to the overall platform portfolio. The Product Management team works closely with our stakeholders and engineers to research and then guide products from conception to launch.
The Senior Director of Product Management is responsible for developing the Client Operations technology vision and strategy to keep pace with rapidly changing business needs and continuously improve our customer experience. This role's primary responsibility is building and nurturing strong relationships with Client Operations stakeholders to evaluate opportunities, align on priorities and drive outcomes against a common set of objectives. This role will lead a product organization to define a multi-quarter roadmap for the Cox Automotive Client Operations business platforms.
The product roadmap will serve as a key input to determining delivery priorities that maximize Business value. This leader also will evolve the Client Operations product discipline through a healthy culture focused on enhancing practice and growing team members consistently. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of product management experience, strong business acumen, and strategic thinking. S/he must also have the proven ability to build and maintain trusted stakeholder relationships, lead a high performing organization, and collaborate with cross-functional peers to prioritize and deliver quality solutions with measurable results.
- Provide strong leadership and evangelism of the product vision and strategy
- Contribute to the vision and design of a next generation contact center and operations platforms
- Creates and maintains close relationships with our customers and market to develop a deep understanding of their needs as well as the competitive landscape
- Creates processes to capture, analyze, leverage and share customer insights
- Collaborate with team members to craft solutions to meet customer needs
- Lead the creation of light weight Business cases (investments) that clearly capture the Business opportunity, what success looks like, and users impacted
- Define and prioritize the investments needed to execute on the product roadmap as part of a cross-functional Agile team
- Clearly communicating and inspiring teams to develop innovative solutions that fit into the strategic roadmap and resolve problems
- Serve as an advocate for the voice of the customer; represent and make delivery decisions on behalf of the broader stakeholder group(s)
- Lead ideation and product innovation with stakeholders to identify new opportunities and creative solutions to meet Business needs.
- Incorporate perspective into Investment Backlog for delivery
- Partner with stakeholders to identify risks and dependencies, define KPIs and impacts, develop success criteria, create deployment plans, and evaluate product performance.
- Prioritize projects among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate business rationale behind decisions
- Contribute to Cox Automotive product thought leadership through participation in cross-division work groups
- Champion continuous process improvements within the Product, Engineering and Agile Delivery teams to both grow and develop team members and to drive greater efficiencies in the product delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to effectively launch new services, features and enhancements.
- Serve as the 'communications broker'; responsible for ultimate transparency to stakeholders
- Negotiate and successfully gain strategic alignment across stakeholders on roadmap and delivery priorities
- Design an organizational engagement model to ensure there is effective stakeholder coverage
- Be viewed as a trusted partner and the 'go to' person (consultant/advisor) for business leadership
- Build and maintain an internal network of connections that cross organizational lines.
- Continuously evolve the organization to support Cox Automotive needs and vision. Continue to hire, develop and retain a team of talented, high-performing product managers. Success of Product Managers will be gauged by their detailed knowledge of products, strong stakeholder engagement, and desired business outcomes achieved
- Attend industry conferences and study trends and changes to ensure continued optimization of the Product Management discipline
- Actively develop talent within the product organization and create bench strength for all product teams including immediate succession
- Have the proven ability to lead a Product organization that is distributed across multiple locales, with equitable development of local and remote Product leaders
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 12 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 10 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 7 years' experience in a related field; or 16 years' experience in a related field
- 12+ years of business process management experience, Client Operations knowledge, CRM product experience, and/or product or business strategy background
- 7 years of leadership experience building and leading high performing teams that consistently met or exceeded team and business goals
- Working knowledge of Contact Center, Implementation, CRM platforms and other corporate systems
- Technical savvy to participate actively in plans to transform and modernize enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in highly matrixed organizations
- Must be analytical and agile with the ability to analyze data and make sound strategic business decisions quickly with ambiguous or incomplete data
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership, management, and teamwork skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization at all levels
- Proven ability to deliver results in a Scaled Agile environment
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.