Product Owner at Givelify (Remote)
Why just have a job when you can live your Purpose? We are Givelify, a minority-owned FinTech-for-Good company that uses human-centered design, jobs-to-be-done, & data to create experiences that inspire kindness & generosity and celebrate putting more good into the world. In fact, Givelify’s mobile giving app consistently leads the App Store and Google Play in downloads, reviews and 5-star ratings amongst all giving apps. More than 1 million donors and 50,000 non-profits trust Givelify for inspiring kindness, generating nearly $3 Billion in generosity.
We seek a Product Owner to join our virtual team. If you’re a Product Owner expert, with experience in leading product development teams to ensure they are working on the right priorities and meet committed deadlines, and the challenge of scaling product success at a high performing Fintech-for-Good company sounds exciting, we would love to connect with you!
You’ll get to:
- Manage and refine the product backlog.
- Clearly express and prioritize product backlog items to best achieve goals and deliver value.
- Work closely with a team of Software Engineers and a QA Engineer.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to understand the roadmap and translate roadmap items into user stories.
- Participate in Refinement sessions, Sprint planning meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Understand and internalize the product vision and be available and approachable for your team at all times.
- Ensure the quality of the releases by testing, validating, and accepting the work done.
- Have a proactive role in continually improving the process.
- Strong team player with a “can-do’’ attitude
- Passionate, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
- Fascinated with all things technical
- Equally fascinated by software design
- Has a mind for asking questions and synthesizing information that turns into results
- Don’t ever think “good enough” is good enough
- Do enjoy going into the nitty gritty details if necessary, but still see the big picture
You should bring mad skills & experience:
- At least 8 years of experience in software design
- Education at College level, advanced degree preferred
- Technical proficiency for tools in marketing technology, advertising technology, and/or customer analytics
- Deep familiarity with Web and mobile technologies
- Deep experience with Scrum
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Superlative communication skills
Plus These Superpowers:
- Proficient in running in-depth interviews with customers to uncover latent needs.
- Possess an experimenter's mindset and a framework to prioritizing features.
- Experience using analytics tools such as Mixpanel, Amplitude or Google Analytics.
- Human centered design or design thinking.
- Some basic skills of prototyping are a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Our People & Culture
We are a virtual team of high-performing professionals who innovate & collaborate to fulfill our mission to help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world – one simple, joyful gift at a time. Our culture of integrity, heart, simplicity, & that “wow” factor fuel our aspiration to be recognized amongst the tech industry’s most inclusive & purpose-driven workplaces.
We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits, amazing perks (including flexible PTO), and most importantly, the opportunity to put passion & purpose to work.