Product Manager - Security and Compliance at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a motivated and collaborative Product Manager to lead product management activities for our Security and Compliance initiatives. You will expand Meraki’s cloud management capabilities while working with Meraki product teams across the company (wireless APs, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras, and more). This role would partner with Engineering, Security, and Legal teams in the areas of security, compliance projects, and global expansion projects.
Your mission will be to strengthen security and privacy as a competitive advantage in our product strategy. You will have the opportunity to drive Meraki’s compliance strategy as we expand our addressable markets into federal governments, new compliance-appropriate verticals, and global markets. You can expect to partner with our security teams to drive vulnerability and incident disclosure programs to help our customers minimize the risk associated with security vulnerabilities in our products.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution! You will team up with forward-thinking engineers and customers to ensure that we have the best user experience and the most sophisticated cloud platform in the industry. In addition, you'll also work side-by-side with the executive team to build a leading strategy, while also collaborating with the outstanding sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market adoption and rapid growth.
Every day is truly unlike the one before! Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, a passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki Product Leader.
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking calculated risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change how the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech enthusiasts, social media influencers, and we even have a few purple-haired folks on the team. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that drive our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build the strategy and roadmaps for privacy, security, and compliance for the Meraki cloud and product lines
- Design with engineering strategies to accelerate compliance programs, while using other cloud vendors
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to expand our products to new markets
- Work closely with our outstanding teams such as engineering, legal, and security to act on our roadmaps and plans
- Translate user requirements, regulations, and policies into useful engineering and process requirements
- Define go-to-market and pricing for new markets.
- Assist and train our fast-growing global sales team
- Work on vulnerability prioritization and disclosure process
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years in a Product Management role, having worked cross-functionally on large projects with multiple engineering teams
- 3+ years working with customers in Government or regulated industries
- Technical background in cloud infrastructure and software development
- Prior privacy and compliance experience with knowledge of regulations such as GDPR, ISO 27001, PCI, Common Criteria, SOC, FISMA, HIPAA, FIPS 140 and FedRAMP
- Prior experience working on incident response and vulnerability management for a product
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" demeanor, and motivation to make an impact
Nice to have:
- MBA or a related advanced degree
- Certified in Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience working at a SaaS or PaaS enterprise company
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on the region.