Product Manager - Remote Vehicle Assistance at Motional
The Product Team at Motional creates the central vision for our autonomous vehicle fleet, working across the engineering, business development, and operations teams to design and deliver a product that is safe, reliable, and accessible for our passengers.
About this position:
As a Product Manager, you and your team will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the product’s development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Work with users, user researchers and designers to help define requirements for Motional’s Remote Vehicle Assistance product.
- Define product, functional requirements and roadmap for Remote Vehicle Assistance interfaces
- Work directly with operations teams in our deployment cities in the US to gather feedback on our deployed product, and turn this feedback into new requirements.
- Collaborate with other product and engineering team members in the US and Singapore.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in sciences, or engineering
- 2+ years working in a product role
- Experience defining products with human-robot interfaces
- Experience working with user researchers and designers
- Experience managing software based products with direct interaction with users
- Experience in identifying user needs and transforming it to meaningful products
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
- Comfortable with working with cross-functional, remote teams in multiple global locations, and international travel
Bonus points (but not required):
- Background in autonomous technologies, mobility or robotics
- Experience with a product deployed in an operation
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.