Product Manager - Marketplace (@Remote) at OfferUp
Are you a deeply curious and creative problem-solver who is obsessed with understanding people and solving complex problems? Do you want to have a big impact helping one of Seattle’s most successful startups help more people get great deals from neighbors?
OfferUp is seeking a Product Manager responsible for the common User Experience controls and guidelines leveraged by our product teams to develop our popular marketplace application. Every month we help millions of strivers up-level their lives by empowering them to get great deals from neighbors. You will help make that even easier!
In this role, you will be an integral part of the product development process at OfferUp, working in close collaboration with engineering, marketing, and other teams to continue to grow our marketplace. You will be responsible for developing a vision, managing a product backlog and roadmap for your team, writing feature briefs and product requirements, testing new features, and collecting customer feedback.
You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success building and delivering C2C products. You do not need a technical degree or Product Management experience. Many of the best PMs come from a variety of other backgrounds. But you do need to be an excellent thinker with quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, the ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. Your educational and/or work history, regardless of the field, should demonstrate your drive and capabilities.
The engineering team you will work with is located in Miami, Florida. We are open to remote candidates, but a willingness to work EST hours is essential. Bonus if you live in or are willing to relocate to Miami!
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for our User Experience controls & guidelines.
- Solve large, open-ended, problems with multiple tradeoffs and competing priorities
- Regularly influence cross functional leaders with contributions to discussions and decisions at the highest levels
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Independently develop a detailed, multi-quarter product roadmap and execution schedule
- Define and build useful features, tools, and experiences
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- A college degree and academic track record that demonstrates your drive and capabilities.
- College graduates are encouraged but we are open to those with work history. Your work experience should also demonstrate your drive and capabilities.
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Desire to develop excellence in a craft. Openness to coaching & desire for professional growth, demonstrated in your academic and/or work experience
- Ability to learn technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep emotional intelligence. Can put yourself in others shoes, understand the world from their perspective.
- Are comfortable working Eastern Time hours. Are a proactive communicator who will excel in a remote work position, if not located in Miami, Florida.
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience running experiments (digital, scientific…)
- Experience in a marketplace/two-sided business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
- You live in or are willing to relocate to Miami, Florida
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.