Product Manager - Licensing at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks IT is building a world class IT product management team and continues to look for top-notch IT product managers to expand the team. As an IT Product Manager for New Product Introductions, you will be responsible for partnering with various business stakeholders to develop and drive delivery of introducing new product offerings for our company. This specific role is focused on introducing new cloud products, and involves deep collaboration with core product management, engineering and DevOps teams, in addition to the business stakeholders.In addition to your thought leadership and creativity, you will partner closely with IT Software Engineers, Product Managers, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Revenue, Sales, Sales Operations, Operations, and Global Customer Support to ensure new offerings are robust and the experience for our customers and partners is seamless. Having a software engineering background and experience supporting the business functions listed is critical for success in this challenging and rewarding role. The position will report to the Senior Director of NPI.
- Work with business stakeholders across the company to understand their business, operational and engineering requirements. Design and deliver innovative solutions to address those needs.
- Partner with business, product management and engineering to define requirements, develop functional specifications, and estimate delivery timelines
- Manage project portfolio associated with new product offerings effectively, manage feature prioritization and trade-off decision making in collaboration with Product Managers
- Act as the product owner in an Agile/Scrum process and own writing of user stories, acceptance criteria, and sign off on feature completion
- Effectively partner with business, engineering and IT teams to deliver on an aggressive agenda of programs for improving delivery execution
- Manage business expectations, be proactive in planning for new offerings, and build excellent partnerships with various leaders within the company
- Strong desire to take ownership of a set of new product offerings and develop capabilities to commercialize them
- Drive to design something new, innovative, and disruptive
- Understanding of the commercial and operational needs of Cloud product offerings
- Experience working with engineering and cross functional teams in a high technology company
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile/Scrum teams as a Product Owner
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is required
- Software development background is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superlative collaboration mindset – this is a highly cross-functional role
- A do-what-it-takes attitude
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $146,200/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.